Alphabetical order
Author Message
 Alphabetical order

Does anyone have some BASIC code that puts an ASCII text file in
alphabetical order?  I need to sort a text file based on the first eight
characters of each line.

--
Ken

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 20 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Alphabetical order

Quote:
> Does anyone have some BASIC code that puts an ASCII text file in
> alphabetical order?  I need to sort a text file based on the first eight
> characters of each line.

How big of a file?

Which BASIC variant (QBASIC, QuickBasic, powerbasic, FirstBasic, Visual Basic,
etc.)?

--Dave

Tue, 20 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. to cross a table in alphabetical order

2. Printing documents in alphabetical order

3. Print documents in alphabetical order

4. Print documents in alphabetical order

5. Automatic alphabetical order

6. Help, dir : how to class files by alphabetical order

7. DBCombo to show fields in alphabetical order

8. sorting array values in alphabetical order

9. listbox alphabetical order

10. Alphabetical Order

11. Alphabetical order

12. Sort strings in alphabetical order