Isn't QB 4.5 Sharware yet ?
Author Message
 Isn't QB 4.5 Sharware yet ?

If Microsoft has stopped any kind of support for Qb 4.5 .. I want to know
if its shareware yet ? I mean anyone with a copy of Qb 4.5 ?? or u guys

--
-log[h+] = (852)-23588761             HUMOR CAUSES A TICKLE TO THE BRAIN
 FAX     = (852)-23581534             & LAUGHTER IS THE WAY TO SCRATCH IT

Sat, 14 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Isn't QB 4.5 Sharware yet ?

Quote:
>If Microsoft has stopped any kind of support for Qb 4.5 .. I want to know
>if its shareware yet ? I mean anyone with a copy of Qb 4.5 ?? or u guys

 No, and it will probably never be shareware. A copyright is good until
 something like 50 years after the holder's death or until the
 holder releases his rights. So either search high and low or forget
 about it.

Sat, 14 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Isn't QB 4.5 Sharware yet ?

Quote:
> If Microsoft has stopped any kind of support for Qb 4.5 .. I want to know
> if its shareware yet ? I mean anyone with a copy of Qb 4.5 ?? or u guys

It doesn't work that way. As a *copyrighted* item, it can only become
shareware *if* the copyright owner (Microsoft) decides to market it
that way.

The only way QB 4.5 will be available *legally* for free is if you wait
around until 75 *years* after the date of copyright.

Leonard Erickson (aka Shadow)

Sun, 15 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Isn't QB 4.5 Sharware yet ?

Quote:
>If Microsoft has stopped any kind of support for Qb 4.5 .. I want to know
>if its shareware yet ? I mean anyone with a copy of Qb 4.5 ?? or u guys

No. It isn't.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
MS may not "support" it any longer but they do tend to protect their
copyright. Anybody who posts QB45 here is likely to find themselves
in BIG trouble with the MS Legal Department.

If you look around you'll see that it HAS recently been illegally
posted here and on alt.langs.basic several times.

There's nothing to stop you downloading and using one of those -
except that they are posted either by incompetents or by criminals.
If by incompetents they may be full of bugs and the criminals
probably infected them with viruses just for fun. You risk "trashing"
your Hard Disk and, if MS catch you, paying a big fine. Since you can
buy second hand copies of the original disks AND the books for as
little as 20 poundsUK why take the risk? It's a lot less illegal.
It's a lot safer. It takes very little effort.

--
Best wishes,
Mervyn Baldwin.

Sun, 15 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Where's QB.LIB in QB 4.5?

2. QuickBasic 4.5 isn't illegal!

3. Can't get QB 4.5? Try this

4. MIDI's in QB 4.5

5. QB 4.0 Docs/QB 4.5 Wanted

6. want QB 4.5 QB 7.1 FOR FREE!!!

7. QB 4.5: reading 16 bit from a port

8. QB 4.5 - Expression too complex

9. Incorporating non-QBasic graphics into QB 4.5 programs

10. WTB: QB 4.5 Book!

11. QB 4.5 and CALL ABSOLUTE

12. Get command-line arguments in QB 4.5 ?