Using Dos's "truename" function
Author Message
 Using Dos's "truename" function

Iv'e used the interupt method to return the current Path$, but had
nothing but probs with Dos's "truename" function. Has anyone had any
success with it?
--
-Terry Craig-

To error is human, to really{*filter*}up takes a programmer!

Fri, 24 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Using Dos's "truename" function

Quote:
> I've used the interupt method to return the current Path$, but had
> nothing but probs with Dos's "truename" function. Has anyone had any
> success with it?

I have never tried that, but piping the output of "cd" or "set" into
a file and importing them also works.

Simon.

Sat, 25 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Using Dos's "truename" function

|> Iv'e used the interupt method to return the current Path$, but had
|> nothing but probs with Dos's "truename" function. Has anyone had any
|> success with it?

I don't have my code in front of me, but I have used it.

My recollection is that it was crotchety, and didn't always
give expected results. I wrapped it with some input-checking
and error-catching type of code, as I recall, to forestall
the flaky behavior.

What sort of problems are you having with it?

--
Brian McLaughlin, Technical Writer  |"Thanks to the Internet, misinformation
Integrated Measurement Systems, Inc.| now travels faster than ever before!"

Sun, 26 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Using Dos's "truename" function

Quote:
>Iv'e used the interupt method to return the current Path$, but had
>nothing but probs with Dos's "truename" function. Has anyone had any
>success with it?

Yes, I've been succesfull. :-)

On my homepage you can download DISKINFO.ZIP, which makes use of the
TRUENAME function, among others. It's for powerbasic -- I don't know what
flavour of Basic you're using, but at least you would be able to check out
how the function should be called...

http://www.xs4all.nl/~excel/pb.html

If I recall correctly, I put it in the "Sources & Libs" section.
--
Marc van den Dikkenberg
-----------------------
http://www.xs4all.nl/~excel/pb.html

Sun, 26 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Datatype mismatch using "UCase" function

2. Using "age" function in Word form

3. using the api function "UpdateWindow".

4. I have problem using function "Shell"

5. Function that returns "current function"

6. *"*-.,._,.-*"* I"LL TRADE VISUAL C++ FOR VBASIC *"*-.,_,.-*"*

7. Parsing CSV strings like "Doe, John",33, "6'2"""

8. Parsing CSV strings like "Doe, John",33, "6'2"""

9. "out of ms dos file handles"

10. Running "DOS" command from VBA

11. Giving "Dos" a command

12. "DOS" style program in VB5