WinAPI?
Author Message
 WinAPI?

Can I use Microsoft's API calls from quickbasic?
I use QuickBasic 7 Extended Edition with windows95.

Thanks to any replies.
--^alleycat

Wed, 06 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 WinAPI?

Quote:

>Can I use Microsoft's API calls from quickbasic?
>I use QuickBasic 7 Extended Edition with windows95.

>Thanks to any replies.
>--^alleycat

No, you can't API (i think it stands for 'Advanced Programmers Interface')
use in QuickBASIC, it's only for Visual Basic..

- Thomas Daugaard
    ICQ # 403386
    EGN # 19870

Wed, 06 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 WinAPI?

Quote:

>>Can I use Microsoft's API calls from quickbasic?
>>I use QuickBasic 7 Extended Edition with windows95.

>>Thanks to any replies.
>>--^alleycat

>No, you can't API (i think it stands for 'Advanced Programmers Interface')
>use in QuickBASIC, it's only for Visual Basic..

It's not only VB, it's for any Windows-based programming language.
PB/DLL and PB/CC (the new 32-bit text-mode console compiler) allow you to
call any Windows API as well.
--
Marc van den Dikkenberg
-----------------------

Thu, 07 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 WinAPI?

Sorry, i didn't know....:)

- Thoma Daugaard

Quote:

>>No, you can't API (i think it stands for 'Advanced Programmers Interface')
>>use in QuickBASIC, it's only for Visual Basic..

>It's not only VB, it's for any Windows-based programming language.
>PB/DLL and PB/CC (the new 32-bit text-mode console compiler) allow you to
>call any Windows API as well.
>--
>Marc van den Dikkenberg
>-----------------------
>The PowerBasic Archives
>http://www.xs4all.nl/~excel/pb.html

Thu, 07 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 WinAPI?

Quote:

> >Can I use Microsoft's API calls from quickbasic?
> >I use QuickBasic 7 Extended Edition with windows95.

> >Thanks to any replies.
> >--^alleycat

> No, you can't API (i think it stands for 'Advanced Programmers Interface')
> use in QuickBASIC, it's only for Visual Basic..

> - Thomas Daugaard
>     ICQ # 403386
>     EGN # 19870

For the record...

API = Application Programming Interface (though the preceeding
definition may be applicable as well: that can be some confusing stuff).

--
Paul Pigott

web site  http://www.geocities.com/Eureka/9049

Fri, 08 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Memory leaks using shell from VBA with winAPI kernel32

2. WinAPI for printers

3. Updating PC Date/Time via WinAPI

4. 95-98 incompatibility with WinAPI?

5. winapi: getprivateprofilestring call

6. How to call WINAPI SetEnvironmentVariable ?

7. WINAPI calls from .NET

8. Problems using WINAPI

9. Can I call the WinAPI in VB script..?

10. Can vbscript call winapi

11. Using Extra!Basic to Access the WinAPI

12. Buch ├╝ber WinApi