Mac: Best *simple* BASIC program for teacher?
Author Message
 Mac: Best *simple* BASIC program for teacher?

Hi!
My brother-in-law is teaching a BASIC class at his high school for the
first time and is looking for a BASIC programming tool to use on
macintosh computers.  He doesnt want visual-basic type stuff - no
graphics, buttons, etc.

Just something like QBASIC for dos to teach kids the concepts of
programming with loops, variables, etc.

I have the FAQ for the group listing several programs, but if someone can
narrow it down to the best choice or two, I would appreciate it!

--
Matt Kruse

---------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 MKStats: WWW log analysis |        "First try to Understand.
      www.mkstats.com      |         Then try to be Understood."

Mon, 19 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Mac: Best *simple* BASIC program for teacher?

Quote:
>Hi!
>My brother-in-law is teaching a BASIC class at his high school for the
>first time and is looking for a BASIC programming tool to use on
>macintosh computers.

There are at least 3 commercial and 1 freeware Basic programming
environments for the Macintosh.  The freeware Basic interpreter,
Chipmunk Basic, is the slowest and simplest, but it has the advantage
of being freeware.

Chipmunk Basic Home Page:
  http://www.nicholson.com/rhn/basic/

TrueBasic used to (and may still?) sell a student version at an
educational discount price.  VIP Basic plus the CodeWarrior C compiler
would probably produce the fastest Basic applications.

---

#include <canonical.disclaimer>   // only my own opinions, etc.

Fri, 23 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Simple Mac BASIC App Exists!

2. Which Basic For Mac is Best?

3. Students - Teachers Are Better

4. good VB website(s) for high school CS teacher??

5. Good, simple, robust VB DB programming examples, please?

6. Good, simple, robust VB DB programming examples, please?

7. Help simple SB programming in BASIC

8. Some simple BASIC programming help, please.

9. Buying Visual Basic for a simple program

10. Simple BASIC program: HELP!!

11. Simple Visual Basic Programs Needed

12. Good Starting Basic Program