Receiving ASCII Values Through Serial Port
Author Message
 Receiving ASCII Values Through Serial Port

Is it possible to write BASIC code to monitor ASCII binary code through =

the

Quote:
> serial port?  I really need this information or code, so please help if
> you can, thanks.

I think GET should work...
OPEN "COM1:" as #1
loopthis:
GET#1,A$
PRINT A$;
GOTO loopthis

=2E.. not sure about the OPEN command... maybe you should open
a sequential stream (OPEN "COM1:" FOR INPUT AS #1)

As long as you don't have to deal with handshakes etc., this works.

Biggo.

-- =

=AB That we need disclaimers proves we live in a sick society =BB

Sat, 05 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Receiving ASCII Values Through Serial Port

Quote:
> Is it possible to write BASIC code to monitor ASCII binary code through
> the serial port?  I really need this information or code, so please help
> if you can, thanks.

> I think GET should work...
> OPEN "COM1:" as #1
> loopthis:
> GET#1,A$
> PRINT A$;
> GOTO loopthis

> ... not sure about the OPEN command... maybe you should open
> a sequential stream (OPEN "COM1:" FOR INPUT AS #1)

> As long as you don't have to deal with handshakes etc., this works.

Actually it's like this (at least in GWBASIC and related BASICs)

open "com1:xxxxx" for input as #1

The xxxxx is the com port settings. You also need to worry about "ON
COM GOSUB" "COM ON" "COM OFF" etc. unless your data is *real* slow.

Leonard Erickson (aka Shadow)

Sat, 05 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Receiving from serial port in qb4.5

2. Receiving binary data from a serial port

3. mscomm - send/receive from serial port

4. Serial port receive format?

5. Receive data thru the serial port.

6. ASCII string from serial port

7. Win95: Reading ASCII from Serial port with VB4 :(

8. View text received on serial port

9. Serial Com Port ASCII(0)

10. Serial Com Port ASCII(0)

11. Sendind and Receiving data from a serial port in Visual Basic

12. Sending ASCII out serial port