QBasic, other resolutions than SCREENs 0 thru 13
Author Message
 QBasic, other resolutions than SCREENs 0 thru 13

How can I use other SCREEN-settings then the normal values 0 thru 13 in
QBasic?
(This is a question of my 15 year old son Roel.)

Mon, 27 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 QBasic, other resolutions than SCREENs 0 thru 13

You can mess around with CALL ABSOLUTES and CALL INTERRUPTs after
reading  up on VESA BIOS standards for SVGA cards....Phew.

Sincerely,
Vincent J. Florio

Mon, 27 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 QBasic, other resolutions than SCREENs 0 thru 13

You would have to use the INT 10H function "SET VIDEO MODE", using code
something like this:
REM Set Video Mode
DIM nVideoMode AS BYTE

'Use these equates to make the REG statement more readable:
%FLAGS = 0
%AX = 1
%BX = 2
%CX = 3
%DX = 4
%SI = 5
%DI = 6
%BP = 7
%DS = 8
%ES = 9

LET nVideoMode = 25     'decimal value of desired mode

REG %AX, VAL( "&H00" + RIGHT$( "0" + HEX$( nVideoMode ), 2 ) )
CALL INTERRUPT &H10

END
(The above code is for powerbasic, but can be adapted for QuickBasic)
--
To reply to me via e-mail, remove all occurances of the word "dot" from my
reply address.

Quote:
> How can I use other SCREEN-settings then the normal values 0 thru 13 in
> QBasic?

Thu, 30 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. QBasic: putting total screen on disk when SCREEN-mode=13

2. Qbasic Screen 13 BSAVE/DEF SEG question

3. qbasic: SCREEN 13

4. QBasic; putting total screen on disk when SCREEN-mode = 13

5. No Screen 13 in PBasic?

6. Flicker-Free Animation in Screen 13 without messing up the Background

7. Screen 13

8. Turning a block in SCREEN 13.

9. Address for Screen 11,12,13?

10. SCREEN 13 for PowerBASIC 3.xx