Help please! How to compile Qbasic programs???
Author Message
 Help please! How to compile Qbasic programs???

I have written some QBasic programs, using QBasic that was supplied
with DOS 6.22, and I would like to convert them into .exe files so
that I can run them on my PC outwith the QBasic environment/editor.
Does anyone know how this may be done?
I am trying to avoid having to spend 100 for Quick Basic v4.5 which,
I believe, comes with its own compiler.

Thankyou for any help.

Greg

Sun, 04 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help please! How to compile Qbasic programs???

Quote:
> I have written some QBasic programs, using QBasic that was supplied
> with DOS 6.22, and I would like to convert them into .exe files so

> Greg

Try  FirstBasic, it might do the job.

Sun, 04 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help please! How to compile Qbasic programs???

I'll compile your QBASIC source into an EXE using QuickBasic 4.50! Anyone,
the only thing I need is the source...

Quote:

> I have written some QBasic programs, using QBasic that was supplied
> with DOS 6.22, and I would like to convert them into .exe files so
> that I can run them on my PC outwith the QBasic environment/editor.
> Does anyone know how this may be done?
> I am trying to avoid having to spend 100 for Quick Basic v4.5 which,
> I believe, comes with its own compiler.

> Thankyou for any help.

> Greg

Mon, 05 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help please! How to compile Qbasic programs???

Quote:
>I have written some QBasic programs, using QBasic that was supplied
>with DOS 6.22, and I would like to convert them into .exe files so
>that I can run them on my PC outwith the QBasic environment/editor.
>Does anyone know how this may be done?
>I am trying to avoid having to spend 100 for Quick Basic v4.5 which,
>I believe, comes with its own compiler.

>Thankyou for any help.

>Greg

You need a compiler and they are not free. However, if you really
enjoy coding in qbasic then I would think spending your money on QB45
would be a good investment. Not only can you make exe's but the
language has far more capability and the programming environment is
has many nice features not found in qbasic.

Tue, 06 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help please! How to compile Qbasic programs???

Quote:

>>I have written some QBasic programs, using QBasic that was supplied
>>with DOS 6.22, and I would like to convert them into .exe files so
>>that I can run them on my PC outwith the QBasic environment/editor.
>>Does anyone know how this may be done?
>>I am trying to avoid having to spend 100 for Quick Basic v4.5 which,
>>I believe, comes with its own compiler.

>>Thankyou for any help.

>>Greg
> You need a compiler and they are not free. However, if you really
> enjoy coding in qbasic then I would think spending your money on QB45
> would be a good investment. Not only can you make exe's but the
> language has far more capability and the programming environment is
> has many nice features not found in qbasic.

FirstBasic is Shareware. So is powerbasic. So is <echhh> ASIC. Use those.
QB45 is great, though. And not to forget <TADA!> PDS 7.0!!!! (Or VB-DOS)

Tue, 06 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help please! How to compile Qbasic programs???

Quote:

> I have written some QBasic programs, using QBasic that was supplied
> with DOS 6.22, and I would like to convert them into .exe files so
> that I can run them on my PC outwith the QBasic environment/editor.
> Does anyone know how this may be done?
> I am trying to avoid having to spend 100 for Quick Basic v4.5 which,
> I believe, comes with its own compiler.

> Thankyou for any help.

> GregDECLARE SUB standbas ()

standbas
END

SUB standbas
'-----------------------------------
'Writing a simple com program
'CS=DS=ES
'IP=100 for comprograms
'CS:100
'mov dx,10B        'adress of string
'mov ah,9          'write $ delimited string at DS[DX]
'int 21            'call dos
'mov ah,4c         'function exit to shell
'int 21            'call dos
'CS:10B: STRING2WRITE
'-----------------------------------
'CS:100
asm$ = asm$ + CHR$(&HBA) + CHR$(&HB) + CHR$(&H1)
asm$ = asm$ + CHR$(&HB4) + CHR$(&H9)
asm$ = asm$ + CHR$(&HCD) + CHR$(&H21)
asm$ = asm$ + CHR$(&HB4) + CHR$(&H4C)
asm$ = asm$ + CHR$(&HCD) + CHR$(&H21)
'CS:10B
asm$ = asm$ + "Hello,world$"

OPEN "standbas.com" FOR BINARY AS #1
PUT #1, , asm$
CLOSE

SHELL "standbas.com"

END SUB

Tue, 06 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help please! How to compile Qbasic programs???

Back in the days of QuickBasic 1, there was a shareware compiler called
ApBasic, which was source-compatible with QuickBasic.  It's been years
since I used it, so I have no idea of its availability or revision status.

Wed, 07 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help please! How to compile Qbasic programs???

<SNIP>

Quote:

>FirstBasic is Shareware. So is PowerBASIC. So is <echhh> ASIC. Use those.
>QB45 is great, though. And not to forget <TADA!> PDS 7.0!!!! (Or VB-DOS)

Sorry, PowerBASIC isn't shareware. (Or, at least, it wasn't a couple of days
ago:)

  ____    _    ____      ____  _____
 |  _ \  / \  / ___) __ | ___)(_   _) |  Don Schullian
 | |_)  / _ \ \____\/  \|  _)   | |   |    Gramou 33
 |____//_/ \_\(____/\__/|_|     |_|   |  Papagou, 15669
 ___________________________________  |      Greece
  =================================== |  ++30-1-654-6200

   -----------======### DOWNLOAD ###=========------------
            Nutz 'n Boltz for PowerBASIC v3.2
              A library of everyday goodies
   DOWNLOAD N-B-V2??.ZIP FROM YOUR FAVORITE SITE TODAY!

Wed, 07 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help please! How to compile Qbasic programs???

Quote:

>Back in the days of QuickBasic 1, there was a shareware compiler called
>ApBasic, which was source-compatible with QuickBasic.  It's been years
>since I used it, so I have no idea of its availability or revision status.

I believe I used that once some years ago, when I was learning BASIC.  It's
very old, and incompatible with a lot of QBasic syntax, but it's nice for
being shareware.

BTW, I got it off of AOL's BASIC programming area, if I am in fact thinking of
the same compiler.

-Jesse

====================================
Very funny Scotty!
Now beam down my clothes!
====================================

Wed, 07 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help please! How to compile Qbasic programs???

Quote:

><SNIP>

>>FirstBasic is Shareware. So is PowerBASIC. So is <echhh> ASIC. Use those.
>>QB45 is great, though. And not to forget <TADA!> PDS 7.0!!!! (Or VB-DOS)

>Sorry, PowerBASIC isn't shareware. (Or, at least, it wasn't a couple of days
>ago:)

True, but maybe he's thinking of the limited, demo version, of PowerBasic where
the load, include, and a few other options are disabled.

--
Christopher
Internet Addresses:

PGP Key fingerprint =  6B 4B DB 96 0F 8E B9 11
                       6B EF 3E EF 02 40 17 32

Thu, 08 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

Ronnie Deschenes writes:

|> FirstBasic is Shareware.

This is correct.

|> So is PowerBASIC.

This is not correct. PowerBASIC is a commercial compiler, the same
as VB-DOS, PDS or QB45. They did put out out a demo version of PB
that is for evaluation purposes. It's called TRYPB3.ZIP. Maybe that's
what you were thinking of.

--
Brian McLaughlin, Technical Writer  |"Thanks to the Internet, misinformation
Integrated Measurement Systems, Inc.| now travels faster than ever before!"

Fri, 09 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

2. Will visual basic compile qbasic programs?

3. Compiling QBasic program

4. Need help compiling gwbasic/qbasic code

5. Help, need a qbasic prog compiled!

6. Need help on compiling qbasic

7. Need help calling compiled QBASIC..

8. Please help! How can I compile QBasic programs?

9. Help Please! -How can I compile Qbasic programs?

10. getting a qbasic program to run the command to start another non qbasic

11. Can anyone HELP me PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

12. Help on splitting large program to compile it