Problems with PDS 7.1 ?
Author Message
 Problems with PDS 7.1 ?

Hello,

I'am working since many years with Microsoft Basic PDS 7.1.
When the Pentium II appears, I got problems with the BSAVE function to
save the screen memory to a file, it seems for me there is a timing problem
in this build-in function, but this was easy to fix (DEF SEG, PEEK ...)
Did anyone hear about problems with programs build with this compiler (or
perhaps the QB 4.5) on the actual machines ( >= 1000 Mhz) ?

 Klaus Weires

Sun, 18 Jan 2004 01:00:27 GMT
 Problems with PDS 7.1 ?
I still program quite a bit in PDS 7.1 but do not use the BSave function.  Most
of my programs are rather large, multi-module applications that run fine on
faster computers and under win98.  I have had many quirks over years but always
managed a way around it.  I highly modified the included windows/mouse/xyplot
routines to fix many errors as well as make them look alot better.
Quote:

> Hello,

> I'am working since many years with Microsoft Basic PDS 7.1.
> When the Pentium II appears, I got problems with the BSAVE function to
> save the screen memory to a file, it seems for me there is a timing problem
> in this build-in function, but this was easy to fix (DEF SEG, PEEK ...)
> Did anyone hear about problems with programs build with this compiler (or
> perhaps the QB 4.5) on the actual machines ( >= 1000 Mhz) ?

>  Klaus Weires

Sat, 24 Jan 2004 14:25:03 GMT
 Problems with PDS 7.1 ?
Miles,

Quote:
> I still program quite a bit in PDS 7.1 but do not use the BSave function.

That seems unlikely since mine has BSAVE. What makes you think yours does not?
type 'basave' and right click the word, you'll see help on that command and it
should be there.

Jim

Tue, 03 Feb 2004 09:51:01 GMT
 Problems with PDS 7.1 ?
Didn't say it doesn't have it.  I just do not use the bsave command.
Quote:

> Miles,

> > I still program quite a bit in PDS 7.1 but do not use the BSave function.

> That seems unlikely since mine has BSAVE. What makes you think yours does not?
> type 'basave' and right click the word, you'll see help on that command and it
> should be there.

> Jim

Wed, 04 Feb 2004 12:36:54 GMT

1. Year2K Compliance of Microsoft Basic PDS 7.1 and Consulting Firms specializing in Y2K and PDS 7.1

2. QB 7.1 (sorry - PDS 7.1)

3. MS PDS 7.1 Configuration Problem

4. MS Basic PDS 7.1 Problem

5. Mixed-Language PROBLEMS - MS FORTRAN 5.00/Watcom 10.6 and PDS 7.1

6. problems with string descriptors in pds 7.1

7. BASIC PDS 7.1 and problems with PrintScreen -key

8. PDS 7.1 BASIC IF/INSTR problem

9. PDS 7.1 to PowerBasic

10. DLLs in QB 7.1 PDS

11. PDS 7.1 date validation