QBasic: putting total screen on disk when SCREEN-mode=13
Author Message
 QBasic: putting total screen on disk when SCREEN-mode=13

I can put the whole screen in disk when in screen-mode 0, with the
statements shown below.
Can you tell me how to do this when in screen-mode 9 or other?
My problem is, that these statemens don't work in other modes; do you have
to use another adress?
(This is a question of my 15 year old son Roel.)

REM Saving the screen
DEF SEG = &HB800
BSAVE "filename",0

REM loading the screen
DEF SEG = &HB800
BLOAD "filename"

Wed, 29 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 QBasic: putting total screen on disk when SCREEN-mode=13

Quote:

>Can you tell me how to do this when in screen-mode 9 or other?

The following works in screen 8 and screen 9
Assign a file name with no extension to sr$

   DEF SEG = &HA000
   size& = 28000  'experiment with different values
   OUT &H3CE, 4: OUT &H3CF, 0
   BSAVE sr$ + ".BLU", 0, size&
   OUT &H3CE, 4: OUT &H3CF, 1
   BSAVE sr$ + ".GRN", 0, size&
   OUT &H3CE, 4: OUT &H3CF, 2
   BSAVE sr$ + ".RED", 0, size&
   OUT &H3CE, 4: OUT &H3CF, 3
   BSAVE sr$ + ".INT", 0, size&
   OUT &H3CE, 4: OUT &H3CF, 0

    DEF SEG

' To load sr$
  DEF SEG = &HA000:
   OUT &H3C4, 2: OUT &H3C5, 1
   BLOAD sr$ + ".BLU", 0
   OUT &H3C4, 2: OUT &H3C5, 2
   BLOAD sr$ + ".GRN", 0
   OUT &H3C4, 2: OUT &H3C5, 4
   BLOAD sr$ + ".RED", 0
   OUT &H3C4, 2: OUT &H3C5, 8
   BLOAD sr$ + ".INT", 0
   OUT &H3C4, 2: OUT &H3C5, 15
 DEF SEG

Thu, 30 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. QBasic; putting total screen on disk when SCREEN-mode = 13

2. Put in screen 13

3. Palette in QB45 Screen Mode 12 & 13

4. In Screen mode 13

5. QBasic, other resolutions than SCREENs 0 thru 13

6. Qbasic Screen 13 BSAVE/DEF SEG question

7. qbasic: SCREEN 13

8. qbasic screen mode - increase number of rows

9. Background Colour in QBasic screen mode 12

10. Screen Modes in QBasic

11. QBASIC Screen Mode

12. QBASIC Screen Mode