>AX DLL's<
Author Message
 >AX DLL's<

Ok, I wrote the program and have placed it in the public domain.

The powerbasic/DLL v 6.0 source code is at:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

For those without a compiler, I would like to make the EXE file available
(32768 bytes), so if someone has a web site where they'd like to park it,
drop me a note and I'll send it. (If you need it ZIPped to get past a
firewall, or you'd like the source code included in the ZIP archive, let me
know).

I DO NOT EDIT EMAIL ADDRESSES. I HIT 'REPLY' OR CLICK ON A SIGNATURE.  Do
**NOT** send me something with an email address like,

--
Michael C. Mattias
Tal Systems Inc.

Quote:

> > >I need to write a program that scans my drive for .DLLs an determines
if
> > >that .DLL is in fact an OCX. I also need to find out if that OCX-DLL is
> sel
> > >registering or not and what the CLSID is that is embeded is the DLL
file
> > >(so, not reading from the registry). Does anyone know how to do this? I
> have
> > >been looking for APIs, but none found (source: API-Guide and internet).

> > Strange I posted this ages ago - the giveaways for AX 'DLLs' are:-

> > DllCanUnloadNow
> > DllGetClassObject
> > DllRegisterServer
> > DllUnregisterServer

> Interesting info....thank you.

> I did a little hunting through the export tables of various DLL and OCX
> files, and it looks like some files have only DllGetClassObject and
> DLLCanUnloadNow, others have only DllRegisterServer and

DllUnregisterServer;

> still other files have all four functions exported.

> So I think I will write a little utility program to :

> SELECT FILE (*.dll, *.exe or *.ocx) (oh, hell, I'll just use *.*)

> Report on the screen:

> FILE:  Foo.dll  (maybe date, time, size?)

> Export Name                Found?
>  -------------------                ------------
> DllRegisterServer           YES
> DllUnregisterServer        YES
> DllCanUnloadNow          NO
> DllGetClassObject         NO

> The user could then decide himself if it's a real DLL or an "ActiveX"
DLL...

Tue, 27 Apr 2004 02:17:55 GMT
 >AX DLL's<
You could park it on catherders.  Here's the direct URL to upload a file.

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mike-

Quote:
>Ok, I wrote the program and have placed it in the public domain.
>The PowerBASIC/DLL v 6.0 source code is at:
> http://www.*-*-*.com/
>For those without a compiler, I would like to make the EXE file available
>(32768 bytes), so if someone has a web site where they'd like to park it,
>drop me a note and I'll send it. (If you need it ZIPped to get past a
>firewall, or you'd like the source code included in the ZIP archive, let
>me know).
>I DO NOT EDIT EMAIL ADDRESSES. I HIT 'REPLY' OR CLICK ON A SIGNATURE.  Do
>**NOT** send me something with an email address like,

>--
>Michael C. Mattias
>Tal Systems Inc.
>Racine WI

>if
>> sel
>file
>> have

>> > Strange I posted this ages ago - the giveaways for AX 'DLLs' are:-

>> > DllCanUnloadNow
>> > DllGetClassObject
>> > DllRegisterServer
>> > DllUnregisterServer

>> Interesting info....thank you.

>> I did a little hunting through the export tables of various DLL and OCX
>> files, and it looks like some files have only DllGetClassObject and
>> DLLCanUnloadNow, others have only DllRegisterServer and
>DllUnregisterServer;
>> still other files have all four functions exported.

>> So I think I will write a little utility program to :

>> SELECT FILE (*.dll, *.exe or *.ocx) (oh, hell, I'll just use *.*)

>> Report on the screen:

>> FILE:  Foo.dll  (maybe date, time, size?)

>> Export Name                Found?
>>  -------------------                ------------
>> DllRegisterServer           YES
>> DllUnregisterServer        YES
>> DllCanUnloadNow          NO
>> DllGetClassObject         NO

>> The user could then decide himself if it's a real DLL or an "ActiveX"
>DLL...

              My web page is at http://www.*-*-*.com/

          Because network administration is like herding cats.
It is currently impossible to email me from any address in the domains:
     mailcity.com, hotmail.com, e{*filter*}.com, yahoo.com, hotbot.com

              Mail sent from Microsoft Outlook will also be filtered.

Spam and viruses are surplus to my needs.  Sorry for the inconvienence.
-----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers!  ==-----

Thu, 27 May 2004 19:58:40 GMT

1. >AX DLL's<

2. >AX DLL's<

3. >AX DLL's<

5. HELP >>>>>>WIN API <<<<<<<<<<

8. <<<<HELP- OLE container Control>>>>>>>>>

9. VB5<->RDO2<->ODBC<->ORACLE Procedure Problem

10. <<<Cneck Box>>>

11. <<<Gif Files>>>

12. <<<CD ROM>>>