Visual Basic Compilation problem
Author Message
 Visual Basic Compilation problem

I'm having a problem compiling a fairly simple program.  I'm
using VB4.0 Pro, 16-bit on a network running WIN 3.11.
        The program simply begins a count up of seconds using a timer
control and displays it on the form caption when minimized, or on a label
if the form is displayed.  At certain points, a second timer will
activate and play beeps for 5 ticks as an alarm.
        When I try to compile, VB goes through with absolutely no errors,
and creates the .EXE file.  When I run the EXE however, nothing happens.
It does not run.  Period.  When running from the source files within VB,
it works perfectly.  Any ideas anyone?

Mon, 05 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Basic Compilation problem

From what you describe, no.  However, if you can post the
program, I'm sure someone will be able to help.

There are differences between what the complied program is and
waht is in the code editor, but not that much.  Are you sure that
the RUNTIME is the VB4, 16BIT version?  Is is possible that its
finding an older version or the 32BIT RUNTIME?

John

--

Thu, 08 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Visual Basic Compilation

2. Automating Visual Basic compilation?

3. Visual Studio .Net causing Visual Basic 6 problem?

4. Visual C++/Visual Basic/COM problem

5. Problem in Visual Visual Basic

6. Scaling Printer Device Context between Visual Basic 4.0 and Visual C++ Problem

7. ActiveX created in Visual C++ 6 gives problems in Visual Basic 6

8. Visual Basic/Visual Sourcesafe problem

9. 16-bit compilation in 32-bit compilation

10. do Visual Basic 6.0 and Visual Basic .NET version beta Working Both

11. Difference between Visual Basic 6 and Visual Basic.Net

12. Visual basic 4 to Visual basic 6