Error 48: Error Loading DLL
Author Message
 Error 48: Error Loading DLL

--------------40CC200C9B8DD435E6B53B62

I am in the middle of a very troubling problem, and would like some
input.  Using VB 4.0 on NT 4.0, we can build an executable, setup files,
and run it fine.  I can then take an identical machine, install NT 4.0
on it from scratch, no other programs, and run the setup for the
program.  When we run the app, and get to the first form that has
msmask32.ocx, the app crashes with Error 48.  Comparison of the dlls
reveals exactly same versions etc.  Now guess what?  Install vb4 and
compile the app on that machine, and it will run beautifully.  We have
used DllMaster to compare the loaded dlls on the machine that runs, and
find we have the identical files on both.  I have used chk4dlls (Win32)
at   http://www.*-*-*.com/
finding recursive dll dependencies. Does anyone know of any other utils
to trace what dlls are being called?

Any Ideas?

--
"Boy, I don't know why they call this stuff Hamburger Helper.
It does just fine all by itself." -- National Lampoon's Vacation

--------------40CC200C9B8DD435E6B53B62

begin:          vcard
fn:             Daniel  Renner
n:              Renner;Daniel
org:            SoftThought Systems, Inc.

title:          Senior Software Engineer
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard

--------------40CC200C9B8DD435E6B53B62--

Sun, 12 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. runtime error 48 error loading DLL

2. Error 48 - Error Load DLL

3. Error 48 - Error Loading DLL

4. Error 48 - Error Loading DLL

5. Error 48 - Error Loading DLL

6. Runtime error 48 - error loading .DLL

7. Error 48 - Error Loading DLL

8. Run-time error 48 Error in loading DLL in XP

9. Error in loading DLL (Error 48)

10. Error 48: Error in Loading DLL

11. Error 48: Error in loading Dll.

12. Error Loading DLL:Error 48