Graphics Problems - PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Author Message
 Graphics Problems - PLEASE HELP!!!!!

hello, i'm making a game where i make .gif files and load them into the
prog and use GET and PUT to use them after that.. well, my gif loader works
fine.. but after i start getting and putting it messes w/ the colors quite
a bit.. for instance, my white person w/ black pants is now a black person
w/ white pants... does anyone know why it's doing this?  any help would be
greatly appreciated!!!!!!

thanx
Kevin

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 22 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Graphics Problems - PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Greetings,

  I read your message and have expeirenced the same problem.  I did find a
solution.  Well, it may not work for you, but give it a shot...  I used a 3rd
party program to display the .GIF file, and then GET'd the area around the
image i wanted, and BSAVE'd it, (you have to save the PALLETE too!  NOT JUST
THE IMAGE!) then I could just load them up in my programs and display them (the
color thing was fixed)

  So you need to save the pallete when you save the picture in BSAVE format.
And load the pallete of the picture right before you display it using BLOAD.  I
am sure the same thing would work if you are just displaying .GIF files, you
would have to get its  pallete and LOAD the pallete before you displayed the
gif.  You canfind numerous examples on my web page, at
http://members.aol.com/constractr

http://members.aol.com/constractr   -- PROGRAMMING FILES

Quote:
>hello, i'm making a game where i make .gif files and load them into the
>prog and use GET and PUT to use them after that.. well, my gif loader works
>fine.. but after i start getting and putting it messes w/ the colors quite
>a bit.. for instance, my white person w/ black pants is now a black person
>w/ white pants... does anyone know why it's doing this?  any help would be
>greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Sun, 22 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Graphics Problems - PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Quote:
>prog and use GET and PUT to use them after that.. well, my gif loader works
>fine.. but after i start getting and putting it messes w/ the colors quite
>a bit.. for instance, my white person w/ black pants is now a black person
>w/ white pants... does anyone know why it's doing this?  any help would be
>greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Hi Kevin,

  Yea, (at least) one of your .GIFs is loading its own palette. Either get
into the code and REM out the OUT commands, save and restore the palette
around your file loading, or fix your .GIFs to have the same palettes.

C'ya,

  ____    _    ____      ____  _____
 |  _ \  / \  / ___) __ | ___)(_   _)
 | |_)  / _ \ \____\/  \|  _)   | |
 |____//_/ \_\(____/\__/|_|     |_|

     www.basicguru.com/schullian

Sun, 22 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Several graphics problems - Please help!

2. PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP,

3. Please help: Graphic Put statement problem

4. Please help with graphics problem

5. Can anyone HELP me PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

6. Cloning problem -- please please please help

7. Graphics, OnPaint : Help please!!!

8. Printing Graphics - Help, please!

9. Graphics Help Please

10. Graphic on a button (please help!)