QB4.0 -> QB4.5
Author Message
 QB4.0 -> QB4.5

I need help!  I'm currently maintaining some code for a battery cycler
that controlles up to eight batteries at a time.  For the most part the
program is simple although it compiles to just over 100K.

The problem I'm having is when it's compiled in QuickBASIC 4.0 things
stop working.  Varialbles are changed randomly  with out warning.  Most
of the variables are part of a struct or TYPE defnition.

i.e.
TYPE  batbtyp
  row AS INTEGER
  col AS INTEGER
  voltage AS SINGLE
  amph AS SINGLE
  stat AS STRING * 10
  file as STRING * 8
END TYPE
DIM SHARED bbox(1 TO 8) AS batbtyp

While in the interperater every thing works just fine.  As soon as it's
compiled it's all screwed up.  I've been battling garbage like this ever
since I started working with it.  There is no mention of this sort of
thing in the bug list for the microsoft basics.  Has anyone experianced
anything like this using version 4.0?

I'm hoping that if I were to aquire QuickBASIC 4.5 then most of those
problems would dissapear.  These batteries need to be ready by Febuary 6
so I'm desparate.  I can't use VBDOS 1.0 because the control board
interface libraries will only work with QuickBASIC 4.x.

Does anyone out there have QB 4.5 and willing to sell!  I'll buy it
from you!  At the risk of sounding desparate; PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!

-steev
---
Stephen Fonnesbeck
USU/GAS Lab
ph# 801-797-2629

Sun, 19 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 QB4.0 -> QB4.5
I've noticed a problem with that on very large modules. Try breaking
it up into at least three smaller parts and using COMMON for necessary
variables.

Tue, 21 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Difference between QB4.5 & QB4.0

2. QB4.5 >64K

3. QB4.5 -> VB4.0

4. email from QB4.5?

5. QB4.5 CPU utilization in WINNT, WIN2000 etc

6. Comparing QB4.5 and FirstBasic

7. QB4.5 IDE eating processor time under WIN 2000

8. QB4.5 Does Not Install QB.LIB

9. Qb4.5 in Alekhinne's home page

10. QB4.5 Printing???Any Examples?

11. Printing in QB4.5