QBasic; putting total screen on disk when SCREEN-mode = 13
Author Message
 QBasic; putting total screen on disk when SCREEN-mode = 13

I can put the whole screen in disk when in screen-mode 0, with the
statements shown below.
Can you tell me how to do this when in screen-mode 9 or other?
My problem is, that these statemens don't work in other modes; do you have
to use another adress?
(This is a question of my 15 year old son Roel.)

REM Saving the screen
DEF SEG = &HB800
BSAVE "filename",0

REM loading the screen
DEF SEG = &HB800
BLOAD "filename"

Wed, 29 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 QBasic; putting total screen on disk when SCREEN-mode = 13

Quote:
>I can put the whole screen in disk when in screen-mode 0, with the
>statements shown below.
>Can you tell me how to do this when in screen-mode 9 or other?
>My problem is, that these statemens don't work in other modes; do you have
>to use another adress?
>(This is a question of my 15 year old son Roel.)

>REM Saving the screen
>DEF SEG = &HB800
>BSAVE "filename",0

>REM loading the screen
>DEF SEG = &HB800
>BLOAD "filename"

Yep, you're right. &hB800 only works for page 0 of the colored text screen.
The rest of the graphic screens are (usually) at &hA000 but all the color
screen (except 13h) are broken into planes so it's a bit more compilicated
that one call.

  ____    _    ____      ____  _____
 |  _ \  / \  / ___) __ | ___)(_   _)
 | |_)  / _ \ \____\/  \|  _)   | |
 |____//_/ \_\(____/\__/|_|     |_|

     www.basicguru.com/schullian

Thu, 30 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. QBasic: putting total screen on disk when SCREEN-mode=13

2. Put in screen 13

3. Palette in QB45 Screen Mode 12 & 13

4. In Screen mode 13

5. QBasic, other resolutions than SCREENs 0 thru 13

6. Qbasic Screen 13 BSAVE/DEF SEG question

7. qbasic: SCREEN 13

8. qbasic screen mode - increase number of rows

9. Background Colour in QBasic screen mode 12

10. Screen Modes in QBasic

11. QBASIC Screen Mode

12. QBASIC Screen Mode