Input from file in PBDLL5 thru VB5
Author Message
 Input from file in PBDLL5 thru VB5

I am trying to input from a file using a Do loop. With an .exe I
wrote in PBDLL50, it works fine. But using the dll thru VB5, nothing
happens. It hangs at the first loop. Using exit loop, and msgbox,
I find nothing ever is inputted, hence no output file. It appears
this problem is from VB5 end. I am inputting strings, and have tried
every type of format, but nothing works. Is this possible to get to
work? Do I need to redo in an ActiveX? HELP!! Bill

Tue, 05 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Input from file in PBDLL5 thru VB5

Are you sure that a DLL made in Power Builder will work with VB?  I don't
know Power Builder, but their DLL's might only work with their executables.

--
Increase the Peace!
Charles LaCour

Quote:

>I am trying to input from a file using a Do loop. With an .exe I
>wrote in PBDLL50, it works fine. But using the dll thru VB5, nothing
>happens. It hangs at the first loop. Using exit loop, and msgbox,
>I find nothing ever is inputted, hence no output file. It appears
>this problem is from VB5 end. I am inputting strings, and have tried
>every type of format, but nothing works. Is this possible to get to
>work? Do I need to redo in an ActiveX? HELP!! Bill

Wed, 06 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. QBASIC > VB5 - User specifies input/output file

2. Help: INPUT / INPUT # for gopher/UNIX files

3. Accessing .MDB file from remote file server thru slow LAN

4. Auto Add Date In Memo Field Thru VB5

5. Alphabetizing a table-type Access database thru VB5

6. HELP!! Picture insertion into Access Table thru VB5

7. See-thru check boxes in VB5 Pro?

8. Cannot refresh Crystal Report thru VB5 object

9. Q: Zmodem t/fer thru VB5?

10. Dialing a phone number thru code with VB5

11. VB5: how do I add a link on the desktop thru the install program

12. VB5: How do I Tile Vertically thru VB?