BASIC COMPILER : BYWATER BASIC
Author Message
 BASIC COMPILER : BYWATER BASIC

Hi Folks.

Doesn any one know of a good BASIC interpretar for HP-UNIX. Currently I am
using ByWater BASIC 2.10 and I am experiencing problems especially with
"recursion" , "multiple inline function" and "string handling" . These cause a
lot of problems and I have tried to look into the code but i have not had much
luck.

Is there any soul out there who has experienced similar problems with ByWater
BASIC and has managed to solve them at all??? I would really like to hear from
them.

ByWater BASIC claims to conform to ANSI FULL BASIC X3.113-1987, but as I have
mentioned, it seems to have some problems.

I have managed to run the BASIC code with recursion fine under MS-DOS QBASIC
Compiler.

I really need a robust BASIC interpreter for HP-UNIX  and I would
really appreciate any information on commercial/shareware versions. Maybe
QBASIC version on HP-UNIX.  Are there are other avenues I can chase?? (Maybe
dropping a BASIC interpreter and moving onto SQL?? )

btw- I am on HP 9000/710 running 9.05 aqnd HP C++ compiler.

Thanks in advance
Riaz

Mon, 20 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Announce: Bywater BASIC 2.20 - new version - C source

2. Available: Bywater BASIC 2.1 patch version

3. Bywater Basic 2.20 patch level 02 update

4. Bywater BASIC 2.10 probs.

5. Need site for Bywater Basic

6. BASIC compiler written in BASIC yet?

7. BETTER BASIC - old Basic Language Compiler

8. Compiler switches for MS Basic Compiler 5.35

9. Help finding basic compiler for Pocket PC

10. The Basic compiler is unable to recover...

11. Free/Share Basic software with compiler

12. visual basic compiler