VISUAL BASIC -- MOST DESPISED PROGRAMING ENVIR
Author Message
 VISUAL BASIC -- MOST DESPISED PROGRAMING ENVIR

KE>Perhaps the reason lies in the fact that B.A.S.I.C. stands for Basic
KE>Symbolic Instruction Code?  Great for the basics, but anything more
KE>demanding....  And the fact that it only "runs" under MicroSoft
KE>products??

I'm sure you'll get a million messages like this, but B.A.S.I.C. stands
for:

B eginners
A synchronous
S ymbolic
I nstruction
C ode

Sat, 23 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VISUAL BASIC -- MOST DESPISED PROGRAMING ENVIR

BI>|> Also I have been told that Unix and C++ will go away from the market
BI>|> place and be replaced by Visual Basic and Windows 95 very soon. My
BI>|> friend recruiter told me that within a year or so no one will ever
BI>|> need these nerd Unix programers.
BI>|> Now tell me WHY these losers who will soon be pushed out of the
BI>|> programing market HATE visual basic? It is a great language!

Personally, I hate visual basic because it allows people with IQ's
equivalent to that of a walnut THINK that they're actually doing
something intelligent, when infact, they're just wasting their time.
Visual Basic creates SLOW, BULKY code. People seem to think that this
doesn't matter, as CPU speeds and hard drive sizes are increasing every
day. But why use only a part of your computer's potential?? .. Why limit
yourself in speed and size, just to get ease of use?
BTW, object oriented languages will not push other languages out of the
market for quite some time. Try doing hardware program (Ie: programming
a BIOS) with visual basic. Or try writing an operating system in visual
basic... or think about WHO is going to be making these wonderful object
oriented languages for you to use..

Personally, I program in assembly language, and I'm proud of it. I
believe the world will always need SOMEONE who knows what is going on
"under the hood" .. I'm not an expert at it yet, but I will continue to
work towards becoming one.

If this message has offended you in any way, flame me in email, and
don't fill this newsgroup with flames and complaints.

Sat, 23 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VISUAL BASIC -- MOST DESPISED PROGRAMING ENVIR

TB>A synchronous

Not so sure about that "A" now. I heard someone else say it stand for
All-purpose. Not even sure if asynchronous makes sense, and it is too
late at night to think about it. <G>

Sat, 23 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VISUAL BASIC -- MOST DESPISED PROGRAMING ENVIR

Quote:

>TB>A synchronous
>Not so sure about that "A" now. I heard someone else say it stand for
>All-purpose. Not even sure if asynchronous makes sense, and it is too
>late at night to think about it. <G>

 It is All-purpose. Asynchronous is a mode of communication the UART
 on your systems COM ports supposts.

Sat, 23 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. VISUAL BASIC -- MOST DESPISED PROGRAMING ENVIRROMMENT?

2. VISUAL BASIC IS MOST DESPISED PROGRAMING ENVIRROMMENT!

3. VISUAL BASIC -- MOST DESPISED PROGRAMING ENVIRROMMENT?

4. VISUAL BASIC -- MOST DESPISED PROGRAMING ENVIRROMMENT?

5. VISUAL BASIC -- MOST DESPISED PROGRAMING ENVIRROMMENT?

6. SMALLTALK (was: VISUAL BASIC -- MOST DESPISED PROGRAMING ENVIRROMMENT?)

7. VISUAL BASIC -- MOST DESPISED PROGRAMING ENVIRROMMENT?

8. VISUAL BASIC -- MOST DESPISED PROGRAMING ENVIRROMMENT?

9. Visual Basic RPG Programing

10. VISUAL PIZZA - MOST DESPISED SNACK FOOD

11. need tutor basic programing

12. Basic Programing