com1:line feed after cr help please
Author Message
 com1:line feed after cr help please

Quote:

>I am trying to print to com1 to send programs to a machine tool.  In order
>communicate I am sending chr$(10)[line feed] after every line.  Is there a
>setting that will send a line feed after cr automatically.I am using
Qbasic.
>Thanks. Dan

A PRINT with no semi-colon like this:

PRINT "Hi there"

sends a CRLF (Carriage return/Line Feed - CHR$(13); CHR$(10)) after the text
is printed.  What do you need besides that?

Tom Lake

Thu, 22 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 com1:line feed after cr help please

Quote:
>> I am trying to print to com1 to send programs to a machine tool.
>> I am sending chr$(10)[line feed] after every line.

> A PRINT with no semi-colon like this:
> sends a CRLF (Carriage return/Line Feed - CHR$(13); CHR$(10)) after the
text
> is printed.  What do you need besides that?

Nothing, if we wants to send at under 4800 baud. But once he wants to send
faster/longer, he may want to use handshaking (Software HS for machine
tools)
he'll want to parse for/ send out ascii 17/19...

Thu, 01 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Line feed in CR ?

2. Printing, line feeds, and form feeds

3. PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP,

4. carriage return/line feed in textbox - help

5. carriage return/line feed in textbox - help

6. Help please on reading com1.

7. Feed Crytal Reports Via Query - Please Help

8. AC97-Line Feeds in memo field?

9. Outlook or MAPI stripping line feeds?

10. carriage return, line feed

11. Problem with line feed.

12. Autoformat and Line Feeds