qbasic
Author Message
 qbasic

Can anyone tell me what kind of problems to expect when trying to compile a
qbasic program with firstbasic (shareware version)?

My son has written numerous qbasic programs, but none will compile. Where
can we get syntact help?

Mon, 04 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 qbasic

Quote:
>Can anyone tell me what kind of problems to expect when trying to compile a
>qbasic program with firstbasic (shareware version)?

>My son has written numerous qbasic programs, but none will compile. Where
>can we get syntact help?

FirstBasic is mostly compatible, but not completely.

The differences that cause the most "problems" are:

1) the slightly different syntax for DIM.
  QBasic: DIM SHARED A AS INTEGER
  FBasic: DIM A AS SHARED INTEGER

2) FirstBasic has no build-in support for SCREEN 13. So if the program
makes use of VGA graphics, you'll need to add some routines of your own.

This will take a little more tweaking, but can be done:

' To enter screen 13:
REG 1,&H13
CALL INTERRUPT &H10
DEF SEG=&HA000

' To plot a pixel to the screen:
POKE x% + 320 * y%, colour?

--
Marc van den Dikkenberg
-----------------------

Tue, 05 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. QBasic Homepage With All Cool QBasic Goodies

2. QBASIC Challenge, QBASIC Webpage, Questions, Etc.

3. Qbasic 4.5 vs Qbasic 7.1PDS

4. Looking on information for Qbasic and Qbasic 4.5!

5. getting a qbasic program to run the command to start another non qbasic

6. Qbasic - Anyone know how to copy with Qbasic without using the shell command?

7. Need help in qbasic?Then come to my Great QBasic website!

8. Beginner on Qbasic: possible to change the date/time of a file/directory by QBasic?

9. Qbasic and XP

10. VarChecker utility for QBASIC released

11. pixelset in QBasic?

12. Question to improve a Qbasic project