XPB! Basic 1.12 Available!
Author Message
 XPB! Basic 1.12 Available!

  Version 1.12 has just been released. This version features the
addition of functions to perform basic math functions on expressions
containing floats and floats and integers, along with the obligatory
bug fixes.  :D

  Get your copy at: http://www.*-*-*.com/

  Have fun!

  Tony.
-----------------------
XPB! Basic Author
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 21 Dec 2005 04:49:47 GMT
 XPB! Basic 1.12 Available!

Quote:

>   Version 1.12 has just been released. This version features the
> addition of functions to perform basic math functions on expressions
> containing floats and floats and integers, along with the obligatory
> bug fixes.  :D

>   Get your copy at: http://www.xpbbasic.com/XPBBASIC.EXE

>   Have fun!

>   Tony.
> -----------------------
> XPB! Basic Author
> http://www.xpbbasic.com

Any way you can get a newgroup for XPB..  It is updated so often, I see
it more than the Gieco Insurance lizard..  Are there a lot of bugs, or
it a new product getting new commands added every 2 days?

Wed, 21 Dec 2005 20:07:01 GMT
 XPB! Basic 1.12 Available!

Quote:
> Any way you can get a newgroup for XPB..  It is updated so often, I see
> it more than the Gieco Insurance lizard..  Are there a lot of bugs, or
> it a new product getting new commands added every 2 days?

At least he's improving it!  PB DOS hasn't been improved for how many years
now?

Tom Lake

Wed, 21 Dec 2005 21:59:21 GMT
 XPB! Basic 1.12 Available!
Quote:

>>Any way you can get a newgroup for XPB..  It is updated so often, I see
>>it more than the Gieco Insurance lizard..  Are there a lot of bugs, or
>>it a new product getting new commands added every 2 days?

> At least he's improving it!  PB DOS hasn't been improved for how many years
> now?

> Tom Lake

That is a good thing.  But I have to see it in a lot of basic groups.
That is why I thought they should have their own group.  I will just do
like spam and ignore it.  Just an idea.  Less clutter on my screen was
the idea.

Did not know (16 bit DOS) was still a big item. Or is this an embedded
type thing?

Thu, 22 Dec 2005 01:28:33 GMT
 XPB! Basic 1.12 Available!

Quote:
> > At least he's improving it!  PB DOS hasn't been improved for how many
years
> > now?

> > Tom Lake

> That is a good thing.  But I have to see it in a lot of basic groups.
> That is why I thought they should have their own group.  I will just do
> like spam and ignore it.  Just an idea.  Less clutter on my screen was
> the idea.

> Did not know (16 bit DOS) was still a big item. Or is this an embedded
> type thing?

I don't know how much of it they sell but it's obviously enough to keep
selling it at a profit or else they'd drop it from their line (unless Bob
Zale is the biggest philanthropist in the world!)  I do agree that XPB
should have its own group, though.  Since it seems to be taking off so well,
a separate group would probably help it along.

Tom Lake

Thu, 22 Dec 2005 02:44:53 GMT
 XPB! Basic 1.12 Available!
Quote:

>>>At least he's improving it!  PB DOS hasn't been improved for how many

> years

>>>now?

>>>Tom Lake

>>That is a good thing.  But I have to see it in a lot of basic groups.
>>That is why I thought they should have their own group.  I will just do
>>like spam and ignore it.  Just an idea.  Less clutter on my screen was
>>the idea.

>>Did not know (16 bit DOS) was still a big item. Or is this an embedded
>>type thing?

> I don't know how much of it they sell but it's obviously enough to keep
> selling it at a profit or else they'd drop it from their line (unless Bob
> Zale is the biggest philanthropist in the world!)  I do agree that XPB
> should have its own group, though.  Since it seems to be taking off so well,
> a separate group would probably help it along.

> Tom Lake

No idea on the incomes..  I have all of the powerbasic products (so I
know they make some income) and not a friend (or enemy) of the
PowerBASIC people.  I do more microcontroller and Unix stuff.  I think
they (XPB) needs their own group.  And on PowerBASIC, I think it is a
better product than VB for the small projects I have done.

I drop in all the BASIC groups to see if I can assist people in a BASIC
area far as Unix and uP/C OR just with BASIC related items.  We plugged
our site the first week, a couple weeks ago.  It is a Unix (basic to C
translator for Unix people) and an Atmel based (basic to assembler for
Atmel AVR) site.  Otherwise, we only plug it in responses to people that
we attempt to help and not in all of the responses as well.  If XPB is a
good product they should have there own group for sure.

Either way, I will ignore the post, like the 2 EMAILS from a person that
has sent a couple "wanna debate" EMAILS to me.  I responded and went
"why are we out of the newgroups?"

Thanks for keeping it professional.  If their product is good I wish
them well, and I think BASIC is a great language.  ASM is a pain, C is
OK but I have to look things up far too often..  BASIC is a happy medium.

Thu, 22 Dec 2005 03:34:28 GMT
 XPB! Basic 1.12 Available!

Quote:
>Either way, I will ignore the post, like the 2 EMAILS from a person that
>has sent a couple "wanna debate" EMAILS to me.  I responded and went
>"why are we out of the newgroups?"

 I responded via email, only because there was an email from you in my
inbox. Simple as that.  Otherwise, I keep the comments where they
originated. Would you care to see the email that you sent me first??

Tony.

-----------------------
XPB! Basic Author
http://www.xpbbasic.com

Thu, 22 Dec 2005 04:43:33 GMT
 XPB! Basic 1.12 Available!

Quote:

>>Either way, I will ignore the post, like the 2 EMAILS from a person that
>>has sent a couple "wanna debate" EMAILS to me.  I responded and went
>>"why are we out of the newgroups?"

>  I responded via email, only because there was an email from you in my
> inbox. Simple as that.  Otherwise, I keep the comments where they
> originated. Would you care to see the email that you sent me first??

> Tony.

> -----------------------
> XPB! Basic Author
> http://www.xpbbasic.com

Goodness, you do not go away..

As I told you I did not EMAIL you.  I can send you an EMAIL from anyname
you would like.  Maybe someone saw my mail and chose to mail you.  I
have no idea how you would get mail from me.  Why would I mail you?
I do not use your product.  I posted to the group that maybe XPB needs a
newsgroup, since so much mail.  Maybe bugs or new features..  That was it.

And in the newgroup message you just responded to I never mentioned you.
  But if you want to bring this in the public that is fine.  I think I
have wasted enough time (yes yours too)..  Would you please move on.
Again, I have no beef with you.  I thank you for noy EMAILing me and
AGAIN, I wish you had your own newgroup, for your users sake, not mine.

Thu, 22 Dec 2005 07:17:03 GMT

1. XPB! Basic Trial Available

2. ANN: Napier 1.12 now has a VBScript Editor/Testing system

3. ANN: Napier 1.12 now has a VBScript Editor/Testing system

4. XPB! Basic 0.5.3 Available!

5. XPB! Basic 1.10 Available!

6. XPB! Basic 1.06 Available!

7. XPB! Basic 0.8.5 Available!