the joystick of Quickbasic
Author Message
 the joystick of Quickbasic

:      I've been have been haveing a problem with the Joystick lately.  I've
: been writing a game, and when I use the joystick it slow everything down.
: Could I use INP function to get the Joystick position.
:    Also, I'm using the INP function for the keyboard to tell if a key is
: press or let off, but I have one problem.  Some times it will not reconize
: that a key has been let up, could you help me around this problem?

As far as I can recall, Qbasic has functions to deal with joystick...

        Mike
--
Ovo je moj signacur fajl...

Tue, 06 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 the joystick of Quickbasic

Quote:

>:      I've been have been haveing a problem with the Joystick lately.  I've
>: been writing a game, and when I use the joystick it slow everything down.
>: Could I use INP function to get the Joystick position.
>:    Also, I'm using the INP function for the keyboard to tell if a key is
>: press or let off, but I have one problem.  Some times it will not reconize
>: that a key has been let up, could you help me around this problem?

>As far as I can recall, Qbasic has functions to deal with joystick...

STICK and STRIG.  Ring any bells...?

-Jesse

Quote:
>    Mike
>--
>Ovo je moj signacur fajl...

====================================
Very funny Scotty!
Now beam down my clothes!
====================================

Tue, 06 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 the joystick of Quickbasic

: I've been have been haveing a problem with the Joystick lately.  I've
:been writing a game, and when I use the joystick it slow everything down.

:Could I use INP function to get the Joystick position.
:   Also, I'm using the INP function for the keyboard to tell if a key is
:press or let off, but I have one problem.  Some times it will not
reconize
:that a key has been let up, could you help me around this problem?

Okay, I don't know the syntax for Qbasic, but you have to use iterrupt
15H, 84H.
In Asic the syntax would be:
      ax=&hex8400      '(84H)
      dx=1
      INT86(&hex15,ax,bx,cx,dx,na,na,na,na,na)
      '-command  '--(15H)

the return from this should be:
      ax - Joystick A, x value
      bx - Joystick A, y value
      cx - Joystick B, x value
      dx - Joystick B, y value

Like I said, I don't know Qbasic syntax.  I'm also not sure of the routine
for button testing.  It is NOT a good idea to experiment with interrupts.
I would try and download info on interrupts.

Good luck.

Thu, 08 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Joystick output (Joystick Programming in vb)

2. converting quickbasic code to ascii, or vb, or anything besides quickbasic

3. Regarding JOYSTICK in VB

4. Joystick support for VB.NET

5. Need Joystick Code

6. Help me... Controle joystick with VisualBasic

7. Joystick: Is there an alternative to Stick and Strig

8. Need help in reading the joysticks in QB..

9. How to access joystick in qbasic

10. Using the joystick

11. joystick problems in FirstBasic

12. Stable Joystick routine for Qbasic 4.5?