Internet Internet Transfer control
Author Message
 Internet Internet Transfer control

Came across an odd problem.

I am able to pull a file from a UNIX server using the Internet Transfer
control with ifFTP. However, the file comes across just as if I had used a
regular FTP client with the "binary" setting rather than "text".

There doesn't seem to be any property or parameter in the Internet Transfer
Control which would allow me to specify that I want an ascii transfer.

Since my primary purpose was to load a file into a rich text object, even
though the file came across as binary it displays properly. However, I also
have a feature which will allow me to save the contents of the rich text
box using the SaveFile method as rtfText. However, when I open the file
with text pad it is very obvious that the CrLf sequence is wrong.

I ended up doing this:

rtfLog.Text = Replace(rtfLog.Text,vbLf,vbCrLf)

Is this reasonable? Is there a better way to do this? Are there any ways to
trick the transfer control to bring the file across as ascii instead of
binary?

Tue, 21 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Disconnecting for Internet After Using Internet Transfer Control

2. Internet Transfer Control and ASCII transfer Help?

3. Internet Transfer Control and ASCII transfer Help?

4. Internet Transfer Control stalls transfer abruptly

5. Setting transfer type in Internet Transfer Control

6. Internet Transfer Control and ASCII transfer Help?

7. HOWTO: Securely transfer a file using the Internet Transfer Control

8. FTP control (Internet Transfer Control)

9. Internet Control Pack (aka Internet ActiveX Control)

10. Monitoring Data Transfer of Internet Transfer Contol

11. How to transfer a file greater than 64Kb w/ internet transfer ctrl

12. Can't put files using Internet Transfer Control 6 SP4