ADVANCED USERS! (HELP
Author Message
 ADVANCED USERS! (HELP

 t> I need info on how to use the Sound Blaster card.
 t> I have already gotten to the point where I can play
 t> .WAV , .RAW and .VOC files, but how do I do things
 t> like play MIDI or MOD files? Or, how do I play music/sound
 t> in the backround? How do I play sound over various channels?

 t> Please, _any_ help would be appreciated.. no matter how
 t> insignificant. (Also, if you know of any FAQ's / source code, it
 t> would be appreciated too.)

 t> Oh, I'm interested in QBASIC examples. (Unfortunately, I can't
 t> use LIBs or OBJs.)

 t> Thanks for any help in advance!

Im being dead serious. The only code i saw that even remotly did that
was in ASM it played MOD's S3M's the works. I reccommed S3M's.

Basic is just too slow for all that math.

Id love to have my machine do that. when i write a  game and write music
for it i write s3m format but i cant find anyone to code the s3m player
for me.

Red Giant

... How do you make Windows faster?  Throw it harder!--- via Silver Xpress V3.01

*---------------------*

Sat, 19 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 ADVANCED USERS! (HELP

Quote:
>> like play MIDI or MOD files? Or, how do I play music/sound
>> in the backround? How do I play sound over various channels?

>> Oh, I'm interested in QBASIC examples. (Unfortunately, I can't use
>> LIBs or OBJs.)

>> Thanks for any help in advance!

 P> Geez, I got some Pascal source to do this.. unless someone is
 P> interested in converting the ASM to those strings of chars$()
 P> and call absolutes then it won't work in BASIC.. Gee, I'm gonna
 P> have to get my compiler to do all this..

 P> Cheers :)

 P> --
 P> Peter Cooper
YESSSSSS I want the S3M player... I NEED IT.  It will make my games mor
fun to play. I understand some of the code but not the core of the
player.

Red Giant

... "640K ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981--- via Silver Xpress V3.01

*---------------------*

Sat, 19 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 ADVANCED USERS! (HELP

Quote:
> YESSSSSS I want the S3M player... I NEED IT.  It will make my games mor

> fun to play. I understand some of the code but not the core of the

> player.

I have MOD player source but not s3m. You can convert s3m to mod in scream
tracker 3.0 anyway. :) The source is for pascal, too slow for basic unless
you did ALL inline asm. :)

Cheers :)
--
Peter Cooper

Fri, 25 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Advanced users! (Help needed)

2. An advanced users help is required!!

3. A please for help from the most advanced VB users

4. VB Advanced User, Help me

5. Subform editing with code (Advanced users)

6. user groups and advanced find

7. small question for advanced users

8. New Registry tip for advanced users

9. Advanced Visual Basic Users

10. Visual Basic For Beginners/Advanced Users Welcomed

11. Advanced User Rights

12. for advanced users