Help w/ this code
Author Message
 Help w/ this code

Hi,
I am working on my first (very simple) game.  I cannot seem to get it to
work.  What I am trying to do is have it print "hit" when the yellow
pixel bumps into the white one.
Can anyone help??

SCREEN 7, 0, 1, 0
DO
DO
a$ = INKEY$
LOOP WHILE a$ = ""
xbef = x
ybef = y
IF a$ = "4" THEN x = x - 1
IF a$ = "6" THEN x = x + 1
IF a$ = "8" THEN y = y - 1
IF a$ = "2" THEN y = y + 1
IF a$ = CHR$(27) THEN END
IF x < 1 THEN x = 1
IF y < 1 THEN y = 1
IF x > 317 THEN x = 317
IF y > 197 THEN y = 197
IF a$ = "4" AND SCREEN(y, x - 1, 1) = 15 THEN PRINT "hit": END
IF a$ = "6" AND SCREEN(y, x + 1, 1) = 15 THEN PRINT "hit": END
IF a$ = "8" AND SCREEN(y - 1, x, 1) = 15 THEN PRINT "hit": END
IF a$ = "2" AND SCREEN(y + 1, x, 1) = 15 THEN PRINT "hit": END
CLS
PSET (10, 10), 15
PSET (x, y), 14
PCOPY 1, 0
LOOP

Mon, 05 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help w/ this code

Quote:

> Hi,
> I am working on my first (very simple) game.  I cannot seem to get it to
> work.  What I am trying to do is have it print "hit" when the yellow
> pixel bumps into the white one.
> Can anyone help??

Read up on POINT. Then use it in place of SCREEN.
SCREEN is used to return the ascii code or color of
a text character at the x,y position, POINT is for pixels.

--

Bangor, Pa. USA

Tue, 06 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help w/ this code

What I am trying to do is have it print "hit" when the yellow

Quote:
> pixel bumps into the white one.
> Can anyone help??

Assuming you are using QBasic, and as you are using pixels,

CHANGE:

Quote:
> IF a$ = "4" AND SCREEN(y, x - 1, 1) = 15 THEN PRINT "hit": END

TO:
If a$="4" AND POINT(x, y) = 15 THEN
PRINT "hit"
END IF

SCREEN is used only for characters, and POINT is just used for pixels.
Hope this helps.

Paul Smitton.

Thu, 08 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Searching text in a file..PLS Help With this code..HELP

2. Urgent shell help needed (Command Code)

3. Help with repeating code

4. Please help with this code

5. Help with repeated code

6. Beginner needs help with some coding

7. Need help with some code

8. help needed re coding

9. Help with this Code

10. help with module code

11. Help with this code please

12. Need Help With VBBA Code For Conversion