Flicker-Free Animation in Screen 13 without messing up the Background 
Author Message
 Flicker-Free Animation in Screen 13 without messing up the Background

This has been a Frequently asked question for QBasic and it's also been a
big problem for me for the last 6-months.

I've been searching everywhere for these techniques and i've only found
two QB libraries that do this.

Zephyr Software's SVGA library

and

VSprites(found at Simtel)

I still can't figure out how to use either one. I've about given up on
VSprites and the Zephyr Software library hasn't worked out very good for
me either.

If anybody knows have to use these librarys, please contact me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.




Tue, 13 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT  
 Flicker-Free Animation in Screen 13 without messing up the Background

Quote:

> This has been a Frequently asked question for QBasic and it's also been a
> big problem for me for the last 6-months.

> I've been searching everywhere for these techniques and i've only found
> two QB libraries that do this.

> Zephyr Software's SVGA library

> and

> VSprites(found at Simtel)

> I still can't figure out how to use either one. I've about given up on
> VSprites and the Zephyr Software library hasn't worked out very good for
> me either.

> If anybody knows have to use these librarys, please contact me.

> Any help would be appreciated.

> Thanks.



To do it from QuickBASIC without use of external LIBS, use the GET and PUT graphics statements.  Define two
arrays of the same size, and before putting your object down, get the background from behind it and place it
in the other array.  When you need to move, replace the background with the put statement, and then repeat the
process.


Thu, 15 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT  
 Flicker-Free Animation in Screen 13 without messing up the Background

Quote:
>You don't need either of the two libraries, but I would reccomend >Zephyr's.
>To do it from QuickBASIC without use of external LIBS, use the GET and >PUT graphics statements.  Define two
>arrays of the same size, and before putting your object down, get the >background from behind it and place it
>in the other array.  When you need to move, replace the background with >the put statement, and then repeat the
>process.

The only problem with your method is that the put statement leaves a
black box(or whatever color the background of the sprite is)around the
sprite where it is PUT.

Thanks.



Tue, 20 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT  
 Flicker-Free Animation in Screen 13 without messing up the Background

Quote:

> >You don't need either of the two libraries, but I would reccomend
>Zephyr's.
> >To do it from QuickBASIC without use of external LIBS, use the GET and
>PUT graphics statements.  Define two
> >arrays of the same size, and before putting your object down, get the
>background from behind it and place it
> >in the other array.  When you need to move, replace the background with >the put statement, and then repeat the
> >process.

> The only problem with your method is that the put statement leaves a
> black box(or whatever color the background of the sprite is)around the
> sprite where it is PUT.

> Thanks.

        Not necessarily... you can use "XOR" and it will not harm the
background.




Tue, 20 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT  
 Flicker-Free Animation in Screen 13 without messing up the Background

Quote:


>> >You don't need either of the two libraries, but I would reccomend
>>Zephyr's.
>> >To do it from QuickBASIC without use of external LIBS, use the GET and
>>PUT graphics statements.  Define two
>> >arrays of the same size, and before putting your object down, get the
>>background from behind it and place it
>> >in the other array.  When you need to move, replace the background with >the put statement, and then repeat the
>> >process.

>> The only problem with your method is that the put statement leaves a
>> black box(or whatever color the background of the sprite is)around the
>> sprite where it is PUT.

>> Thanks.
>    Not necessarily... you can use "XOR" and it will not harm the
>background.

One word: Yuck!

Jason

- Show quoted text -



Thu, 22 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. flicker free animation in SCREEN 12

2. : How to do BitBlt animation without flicker?

3. Flicker Free animation w/o 3rd party

4. Screen Flicker and SSTab Control and Animation.

5. QBasic: putting total screen on disk when SCREEN-mode=13

6. animation over backgrounds + screen scrolling in quickbasic?

7. The secret of flicker-free screen updates.

8. 13 year old needs animation help

9. 13 year old needs animation help

10. 13 year old needs animation help

11. Close file without ascii 13 and ascii 10?

12. Sprite animation without an animation control?

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software