BETTER BASIC - old Basic Language Compiler
Author Message
 BETTER BASIC - old Basic Language Compiler

: any other lost souls using BETTER BASIC -
: a language we started working with back about 10 years ago....
: It was pretty great back then - then got sold to a German company -
: and now we are up the river....
: Phil - Chicago

I used BETTER BASIC from '86 - '89.  It was a nice step up from GW-BASIC.
However, like you pointed out, it was sold to a German Company.  I still
do some contract work with BETTER BASIC and would appreciate any current
information you have regarding support or upgrades.  Thanks.

Ed - Eden Prairie, MN

Sat, 12 Jul 1997 04:17:43 GMT
 BETTER BASIC - old Basic Language Compiler

we are stuck in that we have our entire order entry system written in it - and continue to use it...
we have 33 locations that create files that get uploaded at night...
we use the interface to Btrieve for the file I/O...
converting to a newer language would be a nightmare - with the different schemes for storing numerics.

oh - well - some day we will have to bite the bullet.
Phil - Chicago

Sun, 13 Jul 1997 13:10:17 GMT

1. good old basic commands missing in visual basic?

2. The old Turbo Basic compiler

3. Old Basic Compiler?

4. BETTER BASIC - old pr

5. BETTER BASIC - old product

6. Q: does anyone know something about an old dos-basic compiler called better-basic?

7. Looking for a good (free) basic compiler

8. WANTED: Good Windows Basic Compiler.

9. good compiler for BASIC

10. I need a good free/shareware basic compiler!

11. Is visual basic the best language...?

12. Is Visual Basic 5.0 a good starting language?