Smooth Scroller again..
Author Message
 Smooth Scroller again..

DECLARE SUB upwholeline ()
DECLARE SUB scrollup ()
DECLARE SUB textvert (vpos%)

' A small easter present for y'all. :) A smooth scroller. Hey, ABC packet
' person, (err. sorry I mean William Yu (i think)) you can have a copy of
' this if you want.. :) This code is public domain because I'm kind.
' There may be a small amount of flicker in some speed cases.. if you adjust
' the delay% loop in 'upwholeline' you can eliminate this.. it is set for my

' greetings to:
'       Douggie Green, Dave Navarro, John Woodgate, Sensarn, Adrian Sill
'       , Mark K kim(?) and all the people who know what BASIC *can* do :)
' DONT EXIT BEFORE ITS FINISHED. your display will look strange , Peco_

DEF SEG = &HB800

SCREEN 0
CLS
FOR a% = 1 TO 23
        LOCATE a%
        COLOR a% MOD 15 + 1
        PRINT STRING$(80, CHR$(a% + 64))
NEXT a%

FOR a% = 1 TO 23
        upwholeline
NEXT a%
DEF SEG
COLOR 15

SUB scrollup

' you should've seen this procedure about 10 mins ago.. it was a whole scroll
' routine using pokes etc when I realized all I had to do was this!

LOCATE 24
PRINT

END SUB

SUB textvert (vpos%)
OUT &H3D4, 8
OUT &H3D5, vpos%
END SUB

SUB upwholeline
FOR a% = 0 TO 15
WAIT &H3DA, 8
textvert a%
FOR delay% = 1 TO 8500: NEXT delay%  ' this is 8500 in PDS and 7800 in QBasic for me
NEXT a%
scrollup

textvert 0
END SUB

--
pc

Thu, 08 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Smooth Scroller, Easter present! *8^)

2. Mouse Scroller on Crystal Reports Viewer Form?

3. 2D side scroller

4. Side Scrollers/Platform Game Help!

5. 2D Side-Scrollers in QBasic

6. Scroller thingie.