HELP - using Qbasic for modem communication.
Author Message
 HELP - using Qbasic for modem communication.

Hello.

Can anybody send me Qbasic code for implementing modem communication?

Thanks

LIOR ZUR

Thu, 28 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP - using Qbasic for modem communication.

Quote:

>Can anybody send me Qbasic code for implementing modem communication?

for a simple term program, use this:

CLS
PRINT "simple term"
(if your modem is on a different com port, change the com statement- also for
example, if you have a 2400, use com1:2400,n,8,1,ds  or it is a 300 baud
modem, com1:300,n,8,1 etc...)
OPEN "com1:19200,n,8,1,ds" FOR RANDOM AS #1
rem "con" stands for console which is your screen
OPEN "con" FOR RANDOM AS #2

termstart:
i$ = INKEY$
IF i$ = CHR$(27) THEN END
IF i$ <> "" THEN PRINT #1, i$;                DEFINT A-Z
o$ = INPUT$(LOC(1), #1)
PRINT #2, o$;
GOTO termstart

there ya go!

Fri, 29 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP - using Qbasic for modem communication.

Quote:

> Can anybody send me Qbasic code for implementing modem communication?

Goto members.gnn.com/dslayer/QBasic.html. There are a lot of links to
qbasic tips and sources. Most important are ABC and SimTel. Start
surfing!

Yariv.

Tue, 02 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Modem communications using QBasic?

2. Modem to Modem Communications

3. Modem and Serial communications using VBScript/ASP/VC++

4. Modem-Modem communication

5. Modem -Modem Communication

6. Help needed! Communication with modems

7. HELP modem communication

8. URGENT!! Need help with modem communications

9. REQ: Can sombody post or help me find a QBASIC 4.5 modem program

10. Modem Help for QBasic 4.5

11. network & modem to modem game using VB

12. How to build modem communication program