Qbasic, QuickBasic, TrueBasic syntax?
Author Message
 Qbasic, QuickBasic, TrueBasic syntax?

Hello,
     I know this question or something similar to it must have been posted a thousand times, but I'm new and I didn't get an answer from the FAQ.  I was wondering if anyone can tell me how different the syntax is between:
      1.  Qbasic and QuickBasic
      2.  Qbasic and TrueBasic
Are they extremely similar except for minor differences here and there or is there a significant syntax feature between them that sets them apart from each other.  I'm especially curious about the qbasic-QuickBasic differences being that I heard they both come from Microsoft.

Thanks alot,
Carl

Mon, 20 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Qbasic, QuickBasic, TrueBasic syntax?
Qbasic is a downgraded version of QuickBasic. Qbasic comes with DOS, and
consists of QBASIC.EXE QBASIC.HLP (And functions as part of EDIT.COM)
Quickbasic is a Full compiler, not just an interpreter. QB (QuickBasic) has
features that Qbasic cannot handle (META Commands mostly) Syntactically, they
are the same.

|Geek Code: GCS -d+ -p+ c++ l u++ e+ m- s- !n h* f+ !g w t++ r x?             |
| BUG:n. a part of the program that does neat things. If documented it becomes|
|        a feature.                                                           |
|   http://www.gl.umbc.edu/~jhihn1/  is my home page                          |

Mon, 20 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Qbasic, QuickBasic, TrueBasic syntax?
Qbasic is a downgraded version of QuickBasic. Qbasic comes with DOS, and
consists of QBASIC.EXE QBASIC.HLP (And functions as part of EDIT.COM)
Quickbasic is a Full compiler, not just an interpreter. QB (QuickBasic) has
features that Qbasic cannot handle (META Commands mostly) Syntactically, they
are the same.

|Geek Code: GCS -d+ -p+ c++ l u++ e+ m- s- !n h* f+ !g w t++ r x?             |
| BUG:n. a part of the program that does neat things. If documented it becomes|
|        a feature.                                                           |
|   http://www.gl.umbc.edu/~jhihn1/  is my home page                          |

Mon, 20 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Qbasic, QuickBasic, TrueBasic syntax?

Quote:

>Qbasic is a downgraded version of QuickBasic. Qbasic comes with DOS, and
>consists of QBASIC.EXE QBASIC.HLP (And functions as part of EDIT.COM)
>Quickbasic is a Full compiler, not just an interpreter. QB (QuickBasic) has
>features that Qbasic cannot handle (META Commands mostly) Syntactically, they
>are the same.

QuickBASIC also has libraries, and the added ability to make your own
libs and include files.

Syntactically (on the command line, not the language itself), you can
use command line parameters and pass them to your QB45 program (.exe
or .bas using qb progname.bas /cmd command or the Run menu), you can
shell to DOS using the menu. Besides metacommands, QBasic also does
not support COMMAND$, which pass the command line parameters to your
program.

Sun, 26 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. syntax problem in quickbasic

2. syntax problem in quickbasic

3. qbasic or quickbasic?

4. QBasic/QuickBasic IRC channel

5. TCP/IP in Qbasic\Quickbasic

6. History of QuickBasic, QBasic, PDS, VB and VB DOS

7. command line from Qbasic/Quickbasic

8. command line from Qbasic/Quickbasic

9. Qbasic/Quickbasic & setting environment variables

10. History of QuickBasic, PDS, QBasic and Visual Basic

11. Qbasic\QuickBasic...whats the difference?

12. Qbasic and QuickBasic