SERIAL PORT INTERFACE
Author Message
 SERIAL PORT INTERFACE

I'm looking for information on how to peek and poke into the serial ports.  I'm
specifically looking for code that will send a (byte/bit) to the port and then
to read the result from the port.  Can someone help???

Thanks.!!                                       Chris

Sun, 04 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 SERIAL PORT INTERFACE

Quote:
>I'm looking for information on how to peek and poke into the serial ports.
I'm
>specifically looking for code that will send a (byte/bit) to the port and
then
>to read the result from the port.  Can someone help???

>Thanks.!!                                   Chris

In VBDos (as in Quickbasic) you can use INP and OUT to send a byte to a port.
You need to specify port address in the statement. In Visual Basic for Windows
 it is possible to do the same thing with MS Comm control but is more
complicated...I have stuck to DOS!

David Murrell

Wed, 07 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. REQ: Serial Port Interface

2. Serial Port Interface

3. Serial port interfacing

4. Serial Port Interface

5. VBA interface to serial RS232 port

6. I/O port, Parallel port, Serial port

7. qb45 and SERIAL strange SERIAL port protocol

8. serial printer on serial port

9. serial printer on serial port

10. Future of Serial Ports vs USB Ports

11. How to loop comm port control to read text files through serial port in VB3

12. Serial port/parallel port