whether dos program has full screen
Author Message
 whether dos program has full screen

I wrote a DOS program which uses the mouse. If I run the program in a DOS
window, using Windows, the little mouse cursor follows the arrow around, and it
looks rather funny. I generate the mouse cursor with my program by changing the
video attribute. If the program runs full screen, of course there is no arrow,
but if the program runs in a DOS window, I don't need to generate a mouse
cursor.

Can someone tell me a call I can make to determine if my DOS program is running
full screen or not.

Thanks

--
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 07 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 whether dos program has full screen

Quote:

> I wrote a DOS program which uses the mouse. If I run the program in a DOS
> window, using Windows, the little mouse cursor follows the arrow around, and it
> looks rather funny. I generate the mouse cursor with my program by changing the
> video attribute. If the program runs full screen, of course there is no arrow,
> but if the program runs in a DOS window, I don't need to generate a mouse
> cursor.

> Can someone tell me a call I can make to determine if my DOS program is running
> full screen or not.

> Thanks

> --
> http://cust.iamerica.net/mcdivitt/

  There is no way to access Windows API calls from any DOS windows (that
I know of) and that's what you would want to do.  However, I believe
that even under Windows, you access the mouse function calls in the same
way, so I would rethink the way you are accessing those routines.  I
know that most of the DOS programs I've written which useses the mouse
runs fine in a DOS window (I am using the mouse driver-created pointers,
not a video attribute flip).  You should probably look into that method
rather than creating your own cursor (unless there is a reason you did
it that way, I dunno!)

Sun, 11 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 whether dos program has full screen

FRANK ZAMMETTI
  There is no way to access Windows API calls from any DOS windows (that
I know of) and that's what you would want to do.  However, I believe
that even under Windows, you access the mouse function calls in the same
way, so I would rethink the way you are accessing those routines.  I
know that most of the DOS programs I've written which useses the mouse
runs fine in a DOS window (I am using the mouse driver-created pointers,
not a video attribute flip).  You should probably look into that method
rather than creating your own cursor (unless there is a reason you did
it that way, I dunno!)

MCDIVITT
Thanks! That was really simple. I don't know why I wasn't using the ON and OFF
functions, rather than doing it manually.

--
try my bookmark editor for Netscape and Explorer
http://cust.iamerica.net/mcdivitt/other.htm

Mon, 12 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Capturing screen contents of full screen DOS app under windows

2. Capturing screen contents of full screen DOS app under windows

3. Having IE4 opening a new page in full screen mode

4. Changing screen resolution in full-screen programs?

5. Changing screen resolution in full-screen programs?

6. Get key event from full screen dos

7. Detecting an active, full-screen DOS box in Win95 from a running VB5 app

8. vb shell to dos on full screen?

9. Detecting an active, full-screen DOS box in Win95 from a VB5 app

10. Full screen DOS Window

11. how to detect whether a dos-program is running

12. DOS full-screen interrupt