DBGrid without Data Control
Author Message
 DBGrid without Data Control

Hi people,

Is it possible to have a DBGrid without a Data Control and still see
what's in your database.

Is because i can't use the data control because each of my clients have
a different name for their database. So because you can just set the
databasename property of the data control at design time I want to use
something else.

Thanx

Brian

--
Brian Comeau
Programmer/Analyst

Work Number: (613) 233-8385 ext.229
Home Number: (613) 731-5457
Cell Number: (613) 799-2036

Mon, 20 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DBGrid without Data Control

You could have the user enter the name (and path) of the database at run
time and connect the database like that.  You can populate a DBgrid
without a data control by opening the DB manually, but again you need a
name and path to the database.

If you don't like either of those plans, have the user put the database
name and path in a text file and read the text file into your app at run
time.  Its round about, but it will work.

Take care.

Quote:

> Hi people,

> Is it possible to have a DBGrid without a Data Control and still see
> what's in your database.

> Is because i can't use the data control because each of my clients
> have
> a different name for their database. So because you can just set the
> databasename property of the data control at design time I want to use

> something else.

> Thanx

> Brian

> --
> Brian Comeau
> Programmer/Analyst
> JSCSYS Corp. Ottawa Ont.

> Work Number: (613) 233-8385 ext.229
> Home Number: (613) 731-5457
> Cell Number: (613) 799-2036

Mon, 27 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. DBGrid without Data Control

2. Can I use dbgrid without data control ?

3. Filling DBGrid without Data Control?

4. DBGrid without Data Control

5. CAn I use DBGrid without Data Control ?

6. DBGrid without Data Control

7. Display data on DBGrid without needing Data Control?

8. Display data on DBGrid without needing Data Control?

9. Help: DBGrid - Adding data without Data Control?

10. Help: DBGrid - Adding data without Data Control?

11. Display data on DBGrid without needing Data Control?

12. DBGrid without a Data Control