Overcoming MS Qbasic 4.5 serial comm. bug
Author Message
 Overcoming MS Qbasic 4.5 serial comm. bug

I understand from Microsoft's Knowledge Base that there exists a bug in
the version of Qbasic that I am using.  The bug manifests itself in
causing the program to hang (after a few minutes, hours...) when there is
no apparent problem.

It involves an "I/O Error", and I the program I have written is falling
into this trap.

The question I have is: can anyone suggest methods around this (3rd party
software libraries, perhaps a different compiler)?

The timeline I have is very short - I need to have a stable program by
this Friday the 21st because it is being used in an athletic competition.

I would greatly appreciate any help, especially from those who have been
through the same grind that I am going through.

pg

Fri, 02 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Qbasic 4.5 vs Qbasic 7.1PDS

2. Looking on information for Qbasic and Qbasic 4.5!

3. qbasic and serial comm

4. Emulation Serial Port (Comm) Output bug?

5. QB 4.5 COMM help

6. QB 4.5 COMM help

7. QB 4.5 Comm Library?

8. Serial comm with vb and comm control

9. Qbasic 4.5: Get Filename from Directory

10. Incorporating non-QBasic graphics into QB 4.5 programs

11. QBasic 4.5

12. QuickBasic 4.5 & Serial Port under Win9x