Palette Fading!
Author Message
 Palette Fading!

I have seen other palette faders out there and I dont understand why
they all add an amount to the palette buffer, instead of a ratio.

For instance: I have 2 colours

31,31,31 and 45,45,45

When I fade out they should reach 0 at the SAME time, shouldn't they?
They should not decrease this way:

30,30,30 and 44,44,44

Otherwise, the left colour will become black (or whatever colour you
feel like fading to...) first.  Is this right?

Shouldn't they have some sort of ratio?  I tried to make a palette
fader, and I think I did a pretty good job of incorporating a ratio
system.  You can also choose what colour to fade to, and how many
"frames" or increments, it takes to fade to that colour.  If you're
still reading, you may want to know where to find it...

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~rampersad

If it's not there when you are reading this post don't despair.  Just
e-mail me, and I will send it to you via e-mail.  My e-mail address is
at the top.

Rems (is this a plug, or what?)

Wed, 29 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Palette Fading!

If you fade with a ratio, and some colors don't turn black before
others, then your image will discolor as it fades away.  Fading dark
blue to black before bright red isn't a problem.  If dark blue and
bright red both become black at the same time, dark blue can't fade
until bright red is dark (or some other method)..

Joel

Quote:
>I have seen other palette faders out there and I dont understand why
>they all add an amount to the palette buffer, instead of a ratio.

>For instance: I have 2 colours

>31,31,31 and 45,45,45

>When I fade out they should reach 0 at the SAME time, shouldn't they?
>They should not decrease this way:

>30,30,30 and 44,44,44

>Otherwise, the left colour will become black (or whatever colour you
>feel like fading to...) first.  Is this right?

>Shouldn't they have some sort of ratio?  I tried to make a palette
>fader, and I think I did a pretty good job of incorporating a ratio
>system.  You can also choose what colour to fade to, and how many
>"frames" or increments, it takes to fade to that colour.  If you're
>still reading, you may want to know where to find it...

>http://www.globalserve.net/~rampersad

>If it's not there when you are reading this post don't despair.  Just
>e-mail me, and I will send it to you via e-mail.  My e-mail address is
>at the top.

>Rems (is this a plug, or what?)

------------------------------
      Joel Ryan Software
http://www.microworld.com/joel
------------------------------

Thu, 30 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VGA Palette fading for PowerBASIC

2. Palettes, Fading, OUT statement

3. Mode independent palette fade routine?

4. Mode independent palette fade routine?

5. Mode independent palette fade routine?

6. Has anyone successfully faded a palette in VB5?

7. Has anyone successfully faded a palette in VB5?

8. Has anyone successfully faded a palette in VB5?

9. Has anyone successfully faded a palette in VB5?

10. Fading Palette Entries

11. Real Fade-in and Fade-out

12. Fade-in and Fade-out of button controls