QuickBASIC Problems
Author Message
 QuickBASIC Problems

I'm having trouble with my QuickBASIC programs.  The command  "CALL
ABSOLUTE" gives me the problem "Subprogram not defined", but it's a
command, not a subprogram.  Can anyone help me?

Mon, 25 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 QuickBASIC Problems

On or around 9 Apr 1998 21:59:40 GMT, a member of the Kuwaiti Mafia,

delivering the following message in discrete brown packaging to Lenny,
the funny-smelling guy on the pier:

Quote:
>I'm having trouble with my QuickBASIC programs.  The command  "CALL
>ABSOLUTE" gives me the problem "Subprogram not defined", but it's a
>command, not a subprogram.  Can anyone help me?

You get this error message because ABSOLUTE, as well as a few other
routines (INTERRUPT and INTERRUPTX in particular) are not "built in" to
QuickBASIC.  Rather, they are stored in a separate library file.
Starting QB like this:
        QB /L
will load the required library, and CALL ABSOLUTE will work.

-Jesse

Jesse Dorland
jessedorland AT hotmail DOT com
jester5858 on AIM
10268731 on ICQ

Mon, 25 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 QuickBASIC Problems

Quote:
> On or around 9 Apr 1998 21:59:40 GMT, a member of the Kuwaiti Mafia,

> delivering the following message in discrete brown packaging to Lenny,
> the funny-smelling guy on the pier:

>>I'm having trouble with my QuickBASIC programs.  The command  "CALL
>>ABSOLUTE" gives me the problem "Subprogram not defined", but it's a
>>command, not a subprogram.  Can anyone help me?

> You get this error message because ABSOLUTE, as well as a few other
> routines (INTERRUPT and INTERRUPTX in particular) are not "built in" to
> QuickBASIC.  Rather, they are stored in a separate library file.
> Starting QB like this:
>    QB /L
> will load the required library, and CALL ABSOLUTE will work.

> -Jesse

Hi, Jesse!

     I have used the qb/l myself, but am rather a beginner at all
this.

     When is the INTERRUPT or INTERRUPTX used?

     Thanks!

                            Gloria

Thu, 28 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 QuickBASIC Problems

Quote:
>     I have used the qb/l myself, but am rather a beginner at all
>this.

>     When is the INTERRUPT or INTERRUPTX used?

CALL INTERRUPT lets you call a DOS "software interrupt", a special subroutine
defined in the operating system.  These are used for low-level operations like
writing to the screen or a file, opening a file, or driving special - purpose
hardware.  The interrupt that is most often mentioned in BASIC newsgroups is
interrupt &H33, the mouse driver interrupt.  The form of the call is  CALL
INTERRUPT (&H33, m1, m2, m3, m4), where m1..m4 are four integer parameters.
The details are too long for one message, but a search for "QuickBasic" and
"mouse driver" will turn up some tutorials and code.

INTERUPTX works like INTERRUPT, but allows two more parameters.

If it's spam, it's a scam.  Don't do business with Net abusers.

Fri, 29 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. QuickBasic PROBLEM

2. MS QuickBasic problem

3. Unusual QuickBasic problem

4. converting quickbasic code to ascii, or vb, or anything besides quickbasic

5. QuickBasic printer problem

6. QuickBasic (4.0/4.5) Problem (Real Mess)

7. MS-Quickbasic numeric range problem

8. Quickbasic String Space Problems

9. Quickbasic printing problem

10. Problem with $INCLUDE under QuickBASIC 4.0

11. Problems with QuickBasic 4.5

12. Problem with linking a QuickBASIC program (urgent!!!!!)