Scientific format #'s
Author Message
 Scientific format #'s

Quote:

> Whenever I my variable is a decimal number, it always prints it in
> scietific format (1.237858E-03)  Is there a simple way to make it print
> in standard format?  (0.001237858)

> Thanks,
> Toby

Toby:

The number is being treated as a single precision number and it will
only print 7 places (not counting the decimal) before converting to
floating point notation.  You can format it as a double precision number
and it will print up to 16 spaces before converting, or you can format
the number with PRINT USING.
EX:  YourNumber# or PRINT USING "########.########"; YourNumber#

Good Luck

Bill <*(:-?

Sun, 18 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Scientific format #'s

Whenever I my variable is a decimal number, it always prints it in
scietific format (1.237858E-03)  Is there a simple way to make it print
in standard format?  (0.001237858)

Thanks,
Toby

Mon, 19 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Scientific format #'s

trying using the "print using fmroat$" command --

Quote:
>Whenever I my variable is a decimal number, it always prints it in
>scietific format (1.237858E-03)  Is there a simple way to make it print
>in standard format?  (0.001237858)

>Thanks,
>Toby

eggers1 AT tsil DOT net

Mon, 19 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Scientific format #'s

trying using the "print using format$" command --

Quote:
>Whenever I my variable is a decimal number, it always prints it in
>scietific format (1.237858E-03)  Is there a simple way to make it print
>in standard format?  (0.001237858)

>Thanks,
>Toby

eggers1 AT tsil DOT net

Mon, 19 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Best Database Format for Scientific Data?

2. DLL that can generate scientific plot in GIF format

3. Scientific Number Format

4. scientific format specifier

5. Unrecognised Database format 'u:\test.mdb'

6. 'keep track of formatting' option

7. error '3343' - Unrecognized database format

8. Runtime error '321' Invalid file format

9. '.cal' file format

10. Formatting 'Numeric' Strings

11. 'é' caractere format using OSQL utility

12. Exporting to a CSV file and scientific notation