Seeking QBASIC Source
Author Message
 Seeking QBASIC Source

I know this is an odd request, but I would like to know if anybody has
any source code lying around to do basic tcp-ip stuff-

i.e. send packets
recieve packets
do an http thing
ftp, and all that.

And by the way, this is for an already established connection- not
necessarily by modem, either. Could be through office network.

I prefer source code to libraries, but will take either.

--Terence Jordan

Mon, 05 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Seeking QBASIC Source

Quote:

> I know this is an odd request, but I would like to know if anybody has
> any source code lying around to do basic tcp-ip stuff-

> i.e. send packets
> recieve packets
> do an http thing
> ftp, and all that.

> And by the way, this is for an already established connection- not
> necessarily by modem, either. Could be through office network.

> I prefer source code to libraries, but will take either.

> --Terence Jordan

Odd request get odd answer,

The Qbasic crowd is alive an kicking.
But I've only seen code for IPX packet exchange.

You could try loading the Trumpet ABI and either
using the generic INT function from within QuickBasic,
or use the generic code for doing the INT function
in Qbasic for DOS.

I messed around with QBasic and the old FOSSIL serial
drivers and got 4 simultaneous serial ports to track
4 GPS reporting bouys out in the Gulf via radio modems.

So I know YOU CAN pass strings to INT functions and
use them as buffers for exchanging blocks of data
with TSR's and other interrupt service routines.

Which is after all the sum of all that network
programming is about.  All the TCP or UDP stuff
is just "fill-in in the blank".

Would that I could teach network programming to
my class with Qbasic, but everyone thinks they
have to use an impressive sounding language, and
don't know the first thing between a heap and an
extended data segment.

ho - hum....

Wed, 14 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. sought after qbasic command?

2. sought after qbasic command?

3. Seeking Help with Qbasic

4. Using Seek method with ODBC data sources.....

5. Newbie seeks VBScript info source

6. Newbie seeks VBscript info source

7. Find Qbasic source code

8. Qbasic Source CD

9. Old QBasic source files

10. Old QBasic source files

11. REQ: Source code of finished or demos of Text-Based games in QB or QBasic

12. QBasic Source Code