Pass NULL-pointer to external function
Author Message
 Pass NULL-pointer to external function

If would like to call an external C function which gets a CHAR*.
Is there a way to pass a NULL pointer to that function
(and not an empty string). ??

Stefan

Fri, 31 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Pass NULL-pointer to external function

Quote:
>If would like to call an external C function which gets a CHAR*.
>Is there a way to pass a NULL pointer to that function
>(and not an empty string). ??

>Stefan

QB doesn't have pointers as a native data type, but a pointer is just an
 address, which you would pass as a long integer.  What binary value does C
 consider to be the null pointer?

Fri, 31 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Passing a Null pointer to a function in VB

2. How can I pass NULL value to WinAPI which is expecting a NULL pointer

3. Passing pointer to pointer to a structure to a WINAPI function

4. HELP : Passing NULL pointers to Windows DLL

5. Passing a Null pointer to a C DLL

6. How to pass null pointers in VB?

7. How to pass NULL for interface pointer parameter?

8. Passing NULL pointers

9. Passing ByRef NULL pointer to a DLL?

10. passing a null pointer byref

11. pass Null pointer to win32 dll