Basic to Pascal translator ?
Author Message
 Basic to Pascal translator ?

I'm looking for translator from Pascal to basic.

Fri, 26 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Basic to Pascal translator ?

Quote:

>I'm looking for translator from pascal to basic.

Just insert a few BEGIN...END thingees and see what the compiler chokes on
after that.

  ++   ++   "Well Samwise: What do you think of the elves now?"

  ++   ++------------------------------------------------------

Fri, 26 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Basic to Pascal translator ?

: I'm looking for translator from pascal to basic.

Well, there is Eagle Research's 'Visual Basic to Delphi Translator'.
Maybe that will do what you want (I've never used it).

Eagle Research
415-495-3136
http://www.xeaglex.com

Good luck!

Carl

 author of Liberty BASIC, a 1996 PC Magazine Awards Finalist!
 http://world.std.com/~carlg/basic.html

Sat, 27 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Basic to Pascal translator ?

Quote:
>I'm looking for translator from pascal to basic.

It's easy enough to do... Change the writeln's to print... etc.etc.etc.

--

"I'd rather be rich than stupid."
         - Jack Handy, Saturday Night Live -

Sun, 28 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Basic to Pascal translator ?

Quote:

> >I'm looking for translator from pascal to basic.

> Just insert a few BEGIN...END thingees and see what the compiler chokes on
> after that.

Hello Amos,

I think that such a convertor doesn't exist ,

but don't even dare to do what Michael suggested (Begin..End) .

Basic and Pascal are very diffrent languages even they have some similir
procedures.

In Pascal, you need to declare each variable and Pascal is much much

MUCH more powerful.

I tried doing such thing to one of my basic programs
and I almost killed miself.

It's much more simple to rewrite and change structure of the
program to fit to the simplicity of the Pascal language.

You are from Israel ? , that can't be right !! - I'm too ...

I really don't see any Israelis in the newgroups - except you.

Hopes it helps ,

                  Idan Nof

Wed, 31 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Basic to Pascal translator ?

Quote:

>> >I'm looking for translator from pascal to basic.

>> Just insert a few BEGIN...END thingees and see what the compiler chokes on
>> after that.

>Hello Amos,

>I think that such a convertor doesn't exist ,
>but don't even dare to do what Michael suggested (Begin..End) .

Michael (that's me) was making a joke and should have appended some sort of
smiley to the end of his message.

Pascal borrows a lot of concepts from BASIC (a lot of languages do) but they
were implemented with a different syntax.  I would not seriously suggest such
a conversion process for BASIC to Pascal.

  ++   ++   "Well Samwise: What do you think of the elves now?"

  ++   ++------------------------------------------------------

Thu, 01 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Basic to Pascal translator ?

Never known of one on the market. Best bet is learn the PASCAL
language so you can convert it yourself, or pay someone else
to do it for you.

http://www.meysoft.com

Sat, 03 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Basic to Pascal translator ?

Quote:

> I'm looking for translator from pascal to basic.

        Its called your brain. Learn Pascal. If you ever have any plans
to do any serious programing you should first learn pascal (preferably
from an intsructor) and then after you have mastered high end programing
you should learn c(C++).

Tue, 06 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Basic to Pascal translator ?

Quote:

>> I'm looking for translator from pascal to basic.

>        Its called your brain. Learn Pascal. If you ever have any plans
>to do any serious programing you should first learn pascal (preferably
>from an intsructor) and then after you have mastered high end programing
>you should learn c(C++).

Yeah, all those other languages the professionals have been using for years
really don't let you do much "serious" work, do they?  But I'd rather have fun
while programming.  :)

  ++   ++   "Well Samwise: What do you think of the elves now?"

  ++   ++------------------------------------------------------

Wed, 07 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Basic to Pascal translator ?

Quote:

> > I'm looking for translator from pascal to basic.

>    Its called your brain. Learn Pascal. If you ever have any plans
> to do any serious programing you should first learn pascal (preferably
> from an intsructor) and then after you have mastered high end programing
> you should learn c(C++).

 Make sure you tell that to Roland De Graf'.

Wed, 07 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Basic to Pascal translator ?

2. Looking for a qbasic to pascal translator.

3. gwbasic compiler or to pascal translator

4. Business Basic (BBx) to Visual Basic Translator

5. Quick Basic to Visual Basic Translator?

6. Basic -> C, FORTRAN or Pascal translator?

7. BCX 3.75 BASIC to C Translator For Windows Available

8. BCX -- BASIC to C Translator For Windows

9. Translator from Basic to gcc?

10. Update: BCX - Free BASIC To C Translator For Windows

11. Ann. BCX -- The BASIC to Ansi C Translator

12. Anyone interested in Basic to C Translator ?