How to unprotect a file saved with /p
Author Message
 How to unprotect a file saved with /p

Help!  Does anyone know how to list or print a basic ver. 2X file which was
saved using the /p switch. This made it unlistable to the basic and basica
programs.  I have two files in a system of about 20 that are encoded as such
and the employee who wrote them 15+ years ago is no longer here.

Any help greatly appreciated,

Mon, 23 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to unprotect a file saved with /p

Quote:
>Help!  Does anyone know how to list or print a basic ver. 2X file which was
>saved using the /p switch. This made it unlistable to the basic and basica
>programs.  I have two files in a system of about 20 that are encoded as such
>and the employee who wrote them 15+ years ago is no longer here.

>Any help greatly appreciated,

You can download a file called unprotec.zip at the SimTel sites...
A websearch should be able to locate it for you, I don't have a direct URL.

If you can't find it, here's another way of doing it manually.

Here's a trick that often works:-
1. run GWBASIC.
2. LOAD the protected program.
3. type NEW and hit return.
4. type 0'* (The * is a placeholder for CHR$(15) - so that's
 zero,apostrophe, ALT+15) and hit return.
5. you can now LIST and SAVE the file normally.
6. don't ask ME why it works.

--
Marc van den Dikkenberg
-----------------------

Wed, 25 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to unprotect a file saved with /p

Both of these solutions worked fine! Thanks!

Mon, 30 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Save changes back to a previously saved .msg file

2. SAving a MS Word file to a PDF file and a text file

3. Unprotect VBA project

4. Protect / Unprotect Excel 97

5. VB Program hangs when I try to unprotect word document with password

6. VBA function to manipulate word documents (unprotecting / changing passwords)

7. How to unprotect a protected project in MSWord

8. Protect/Unprotect

9. Maitaining form field info when unprotecting and reprotecting a document

10. Protect & Unprotect a document

11. Protect/unprotect with password

12. Protecting and Unprotecting a Section of Document