Help me play sounds
Author Message
 Help me play sounds

Hello Friends!

I have created a small game, not half as good as the ones you yourself have
created. I want to have background music, and at the same time I want to
play other sounds... I hope you understand what I mean.

Please send me some code or something, which show/explain how I fix this.

Have a nice day,

Fri, 31 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Help me play sounds

Quote:
>Hello Friends!

>I have created a small game, not half as good as the ones you yourself have
>created. I want to have background music, and at the same time I want to
>play other sounds... I hope you understand what I mean.

>Please send me some code or something, which show/explain how I fix this.

First of all, using the PLAY command you're NOT going to get two things going
at the same time. You're going to have to halt the background music and do
your other beeping. ON PLAY xx GOSUB, PLAY ON, and PLAY STOP to get it all
done.

I would suggest you put all your 'extra' beepings in a single sub routine so
that you're not chasing the PLAY commands all over your code.

  ____    _    ____      ____  _____
 |  _ \  / \  / ___) __ | ___)(_   _)
 | |_)  / _ \ \____\/  \|  _)   | |
 |____//_/ \_\(____/\__/|_|     |_|

     www.basicguru.com/schullian

Sat, 01 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Help me play sounds

Quote:

> >I have created a small game, not half as good as the ones you yourself have
> >created. I want to have background music, and at the same time I want to
> >play other sounds... I hope you understand what I mean.

> First of all, using the PLAY command you're NOT going to get two things going
> at the same time. You're going to have to halt the background music and do
> your other beeping. ON PLAY xx GOSUB, PLAY ON, and PLAY STOP to get it all
> done.

> I would suggest you put all your 'extra' beepings in a single sub routine so
> that you're not chasing the PLAY commands all over your code.

I would suggest, if you're prepared to put some time in (ok, quite a bit
of time) and if you know what you're doing, there are some music players
around. Try doing a search for Molnar/Kucalaba's Homepage - they have
done a Sound Blaster program and Instrument creator which is worth
looking at. I have seen a .wav player around but I forget where it was.
Remind me to go look for it...

Laz.

Sat, 01 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. still need help w/ playing sounds

2. HELP HELP I NEED SOMEONE TO HELP ME PLAY SOUND ON MY PROGRAM!

3. Playing sounds even if other applications are playing sounds

4. Sounds - Playing System Event Sounds (asterisk, critical stop, question, etc)

5. play sound after sound.

6. Urgent, How to: Play sound using sound card?

7. Urgent, How to: Play sound using sound card?

8. Req help with how to play a .wav sound in Access

9. Help: Playing sounds in VB

10. help me get MY PROGRAM TO PLAY SOUND VB4.0

11. Newbie question about playing sounds - please help!

12. HELP: Playing sounds