QB4.5 Does Not Install QB.LIB
Author Message
 QB4.5 Does Not Install QB.LIB

I notice that on one of the disks

Quote:
> there is the compressed form QB.LI$, as there is for all the libraries,
> but QB.LI$ never gets expanded and installed.  At the moment I do not
> have a browser capable of accessing MS's knowledge base.  Does anyone
> know what is going on here and how I can get QB.LIB installed (or,
> since I have a legal, purchased copy of QB, can send me the library)?

There should be a program called EXPAND.EXE on the disk.  Try

EXPAND A:QB.LI$ C:\yourQBdirname\QB.LIB

Tom Lake

Sat, 23 Apr 2005 12:12:39 GMT
 QB4.5 Does Not Install QB.LIB
Tom is right.  Get the lib file installed and report back, ok?

Interupts are fun!

Gives you access to the bios and your own assembly language
routines, if you want.

And by the way, you just won a new car from Honest Ed's for
the first On-Topic request in microsoft.public.basic.dos!

Quote:

> I notice that on one of the disks
> > there is the compressed form QB.LI$, as there is for all the libraries,
> > but QB.LI$ never gets expanded and installed.  At the moment I do not
> > have a browser capable of accessing MS's knowledge base.  Does anyone
> > know what is going on here and how I can get QB.LIB installed (or,
> > since I have a legal, purchased copy of QB, can send me the library)?

> There should be a program called EXPAND.EXE on the disk.  Try

> EXPAND A:QB.LI$ C:\yourQBdirname\QB.LIB

> Tom Lake

Sat, 23 Apr 2005 17:14:33 GMT

1. Help Missing QB4.5 file - QB.LIB

2. NEW: Free lib for QB4.5 (.LIB/.QLB)-General Purpose Subroutines

3. QB.QLB & QB.LIB

4. Where's QB.LIB in QB 4.5?

5. SVGA lib for QB4.5

6. math library for qb4.5/qb