Help with Sound Blaster programming
Author Message
 Help with Sound Blaster programming

Hello

Is there a way to get a Quick Basic program to play sounds through a
Sound Blaster (WAVs, AUs or other standard format)?  Also, to have it
continue on with the next line of the program while the sound is
playing?  And... to play MODs or MIDIs?

Does anyone know where I can find this info?

Thanks!
-Greg

Tue, 13 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with Sound Blaster programming

Quote:

>Hello

>Is there a way to get a Quick Basic program to play sounds through a
>Sound Blaster (WAVs, AUs or other standard format)?  Also, to have it
>continue on with the next line of the program while the sound is
>playing?  And... to play MODs or MIDIs?

>Does anyone know where I can find this info?

On my homepage, you can find BWSB, a library that allows you to play
samples & modules in the background in PB, QB, PDS, C and Pascal.

http://pitel_lnx.ibk.fnt.hvu.nl/~excel/pb.html

For PB you could have used PBSound to play midi's. I don't know any
QB midiplayers though... I believe that there IS some CMF player
around...

Marc van den Dikkenberg
-----------------------

http://www.xs4all.nl/~excel             -  Sci-Fi, Humour, etc.
http://pitel_lnx.ibk.fnt.hvu.nl/~excel  -  Programming

Sun, 18 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. QBasic Sound Programs using Sound Blaster and Adlib Cards Here

2. Sound blaster programming

3. A: Sound Blaster Sound

4. Sound Blaster Sound

5. Need help accessing A Sound Blaster compatible from Qbasic

6. Sound Blaster help for QB

7. Help, Sound blaster pro !

8. Help ! Sound Blaster Pro

9. Help ! Sound Blaster Pro

10. HELP Sound Blaster

11. Sound Blaster

12. Sound Blaster support in QBasic 4.0 - 7.1