Graphix
Author Message
 Graphix

Ok, I'm making a game and i need to load gif images.  I tried doing it like
this

loadgif FileName$
GET (0,0)-(19,19),array.name

the gif loader works fine but when it GETs the image it gets all messed up.
 I know the gif loader is resetting the pallete because i had it delay for
a second after every gif it loads and each one was loading fine.. but when
i PUT it somewhere the colors were all messed up... something like blue
would be purple and green would be yellow, etc....  anybody know what i
could do?

I'm using QB 4.5 .

Thanks

Kevin

Hazzard Productions QBasic Page
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 26 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Graphix

10 Jun 1998 18:13:13 GMT - Countdown commences in comp.lang.basic.misc. Hazzard
launched the following into space:

Quote:
> the gif loader works fine but when it GETs the image it gets all messed up.
>  I know the gif loader is resetting the pallete because i had it delay for
> a second after every gif it loads and each one was loading fine.. but when
> i PUT it somewhere the colors were all messed up... something like blue
> would be purple and green would be yellow, etc....  anybody know what i
> could do?

Set the palette yourself. Perhaps you could reuse the part of the GIF viewer
code that sets the palette in the first place? If you post the code we might be
able to help more, though I'm sure it's not *THAT* hard.

-EE

You see my name in lights everywhere...

to the email address above)

Mon, 27 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Graphix

2. VB 4.0 - Are ANSI graphix possible?

3. basic graphix programming:e-mail list

4. basic graphix programming:e-mail list

5. Qbasic Graphix

6. graphix API

7. making changes to a tif file and saving as new tif file? (graphix)