Qbasic graphics
Author Message
 Qbasic graphics

Hello,
I was wondering if there is a way to retrieve the color of a pixel at a
given coordinates (preferably in screen mode 7)?
Can anyone help?
Please use e-mail to reply as I do not read this group regularly.

Sun, 04 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Qbasic graphics

Try looking for information on the POINT command. I seem to remember
something about this. I can't remember was version of Basic it was though.

Eric Hoffman

CRI Financial Systems, Inc.

> Hello,
> I was wondering if there is a way to retrieve the color of a pixel at a
> given coordinates (preferably in screen mode 7)?
> Can anyone help?
> Please use e-mail to reply as I do not read this group regularly.

Mon, 05 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Qbasic graphics

Quote:

>Hello,
>I was wondering if there is a way to retrieve the color of a pixel at a
>given coordinates (preferably in screen mode 7)?
>Can anyone help?

This is done with the POINT statement:

        TheColor% = POINT(XPixel,YPixel)

XPixel is the X (horizontal) location, YPixel is the Y (vertical) location.
Works in any screen mode.

You can also get the ASCII value and color of a character on the screen with
the SCREEN function (not to be confused with the SCREEN statement, which is
different).  I don't remember the syntax, but it's in the on-line help.

-Jesse

Quote:
>Please use e-mail to reply as I do not read this group regularly.

====================================
Very funny Scotty!
Now beam down my clothes!
====================================

Mon, 05 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Incorporating non-QBasic graphics into QB 4.5 programs

2. More QBASIC graphics help!

3. QBASIC graphics help!

4. Converting QBasic graphics into a DXF file

5. Help with Qbasic Graphics!!!!

6. QBasic Graphic Problems

7. Need help with Qbasic graphics

8. QBASIC graphics printint