Help
Author Message
 Help

I used to know basic but haven't messed with any programming in many
years and don't wish to relearn it. I have a small (17 lines) program
written in basic for a TI 99/4a and would like someone to convert it
into Qbasic.

 100 OPEN #1:"AXIOM"
 110 REM THIS PROGRAM WILL GIVE THE CROWN ANGLE AND APEX ANGLE FOR A
GIVEN PAVILION ANGLE AND REFRACTIVE INDEX
 120 INPUT "PAVILION ANGLE IS ":P
 130 PRINT
 140 INPUT "REFRACTIVE INDEX IS ":N
 150 PRINT
 160 V=90-2*P
 170 A=V*3.1416/180
 180 S=SINA(A)*SQR(1-(N*SIN(A))`2)COS(A)*N*SIN(A)
 190 O=SQR(1-(S)`2)
 200 X=S(N-O)
 210 C=ATN(X)*180/3.1416+V
 220 PRINT
 230 PRINT #1:"PAVILION ANGLE IS";P,"REFRACTIVE INDEX IS";N,"CROWN ANGLE
IS";C,"APEX ANGLE IS";V
 240 PRINT
 245 PRINT "CROWN ANGLE IS";C
 250 PRINT "APEX ANGLE IS";V

 Please reply by Email as I don't normally monitor this ng. Thanks
 Gordon

Fri, 08 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Help

Quote:
>I used to know basic but haven't messed with any programming in many
>years and don't wish to relearn it. I have a small (17 lines) program
>written in basic for a TI 99/4a and would like someone to convert it
>into Qbasic.
<snip>

> Please reply by Email as I don't normally monitor this ng. Thanks
> Gordon

1) he posts the message as a reply and not a new thread
2) he'd 'like someone to conver it' but wow! no magic words here!
3) it's an important piece of code but he's not got time to even
   try to convert it?
4) he's not interested enough to hang around to see if anyone answers
   so we have to send the answer directly to him?

Oh well, I don't do Qbasic anyhow....

  ____    _    ____      ____  _____
 |  _ \  / \  / ___) __ | ___)(_   _)
 | |_)  / _ \ \____\/  \|  _)   | |
 |____//_/ \_\(____/\__/|_|     |_|

     www.basicguru.com/schullian

Sat, 09 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Help

Quote:

> I used to know basic but haven't messed with any programming in many
> years and don't wish to relearn it. I have a small (17 lines) program
> written in basic for a TI 99/4a and would like someone to convert it
> into Qbasic.

Many thanks to all the helpful replys and to the one flamer who doesn't
know qbasic anyhow --- thanks also.
 Gordon

Sat, 09 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,

2. Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,

3. Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help,

4. HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELPHELP HELP HELPHELP HELP HELP

5. PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP,

6. HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HEL P HELP HE LP HELP HELP HEL P HELP HELP

7. Help Help Help Help Help Help !!!!!

8. HELP HELP HELP Set document name of print job from VB HELP HELP HELP

9. HELP HELP HELP Early Binding Excel 5.0 HELP HELP HELP

10. HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

11. Help - Print - Help -Print - Help - Print - Help - Print - Help

12. help help help help help