PowerBasic code for screen saver?
Author Message
 PowerBasic code for screen saver?

Is there an example or template for a PB/DLL Windows screen saver?
I could not find one in my SAMPLES subdirectory.  I have a VB screen
saver that I would like to convert to PB/DLL.  Thanks!
--

Sun Valley Systems     http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~judmc

Sat, 27 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 PowerBasic code for screen saver?
If you have a screensaver in VB then you probably already know this, but it
may be useful for others who may want to create their own screensavers.

Windows .SCR screen savers
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SCR files are nothing more complex than .EXE files with the
extension SCR.  Windows calls the .SCR file with two command-line

    /s  to launch the screensaver
    /c  to configure the screensaver

For the windows control panel to recognise the screensaver, the program's
module description string must begin with SCRNSAVE: (in uppercase).  So, if
writing a Visual Basic screensaver, simply set the application title to
something like "SCRNSAVE:Test Screensaver"

To create a new screen saver simply write a program that checks the
command-line option when starting and performs the appropriate
action.  The display should use a full-screen window (usually with a
black background) and should end when any key is pressed or when the
mouse is moved.

When the program is compiled, rename the .EXE to .SCR and put it
into the Windows directory so it can be found by the screensaver
selection dialog in Windows.

ciao,
David SZAFRANSKI
Get Liberty Basic and XBasic Source Code at
http://libertynow.webjump.com

Sun, 28 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 PowerBasic code for screen saver?

Quote:
>    /s  to launch the screensaver
>    /c  to configure the screensaver

And.. /P to run in preview mode inside this cute little
screen-look-alike-window.  - And then we are talking catching this window as
parent, and 'pushing' our screensaver app to do-the-thing in there.

Quote:
> For the windows control panel to recognise the screensaver, the program's
> module description string must begin with SCRNSAVE: (in uppercase).

I'm sure nobody get's angry with you if you go more thoroughly into this
one, with PB in mind..

Mon, 29 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Screen Saver on top of Screen Saver problem

2. Closing NT4's screen saver - contains code

3. Screen Saver Code

4. vb screen saver code

5. Anything wrong with this code? - Starting screen saver

6. Screen Saver Example Code?

7. Screen Saver SOURCE CODES??

8. VBDOS- Help with screen saver code

9. Beginners Screen Saver sample code online and ready for downloading

10. Screen saver source code

11. Screen Saver Source Code Needed

12. Screen Saver Code available