C librarys in QB 4.5
Author Message
 C librarys in QB 4.5

Does anyone know how to make those QB 4.5 library files with a c compiler.
They are QLB files they are used extend QB 4.5's capabilities by programming
functions in C then allowing them to be used in QB 4.5

Fri, 08 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 C librarys in QB 4.5

I did this waaay back in 88 but if I remember correctly there is a utility
that links a library (built from your C code) with one of the QB run time
libraries to create a QLB file. How to do it is detailed in the QB4.5 on
line help so that might be the best way to find out as my memory is a bit
fuzzy on this. Don't forget that quick libraries have to be self contained
and watch your parameter passing - declare your C functions as Pascal and
declare the parameters as BYVAL in your BASIC source. Sorry I can't remember
the details but it is definitely in the on-line and written docs probably
under "quick libraries"

    Gary

Quote:

>Does anyone know how to make those QB 4.5 library files with a c compiler.
>They are QLB files they are used extend QB 4.5's capabilities by
programming
>functions in C then allowing them to be used in QB 4.5

Sat, 09 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 C librarys in QB 4.5

Quote:

>Does anyone know how to make those QB 4.5 library files with a c compiler.
>They are QLB files they are used extend QB 4.5's capabilities by programming
>functions in C then allowing them to be used in QB 4.5

Yes, this is possible but rather complicated although I would like to
know if anyone tells you an easy way! What you have to do is compile
your code to Assembler and then modify it so it can be assembled with
MASM. MASM makes QB compatible .obj's. I have tried to do this with
A86, As86 and TASM but I only ever get one thing: a massively
spectacular reboot.

When you you the .obj, use lib to convert it to a .lib and LINK to
convert it to .qlb. Or you could download fastqlb which makes this
easy.
Go to
www.edmc.net/~voxel/utilities.html

Marc Brooker
Quazar Software

Sun, 10 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Librarys in Quick Basic 4.5

2. QB 4.0 Docs/QB 4.5 Wanted

3. want QB 4.5 QB 7.1 FOR FREE!!!

4. Where's QB.LIB in QB 4.5?

5. QB 4.5: reading 16 bit from a port

6. QB 4.5 - Expression too complex

7. Incorporating non-QBasic graphics into QB 4.5 programs

8. WTB: QB 4.5 Book!

9. QB 4.5 and CALL ABSOLUTE

10. Get command-line arguments in QB 4.5 ?

11. QB 4.5 versus VBDOS 1.0

12. Where to buy QB 4.5